mitral valve thickening?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Hello,
I received the written report from my cardio yesterday following my bi-annual visit in July. I noticed that she had mentioned "slight mitral valve leaflet thickening" which is something I don't recall reading before, and something we have definitely never talked about. Is this related to my bicuspid aortic valve (which has severe stenosis)? Is anyone familar with this?
Thanks,
Ashley

Last edited:
I know there are answers to your question Ashley. I'm just bumping the thread so that those in the know may see your question and answer. :)

I certainly had thickening of the mitral valve leaflets but was definitely not BAV. My mitral valve was severely damaged by endocarditis, my aortic valve moderately so. They replaced both at the same time to save a re-operation in the near future to replace the aortic.

hi Ashley,

I also have a bi-cuspid aortic valve with a thickened anterior leaflet mitral valve. In my case they think it is due to the aortic regurgitation jet hitting the valve. so yes, maybe your bi-cuspid valve is causing the thickening. In my case, my cardo is not worried about it at this time. we are watching the aortic aneurism and stenosis level of the aortic valve more than the mitral valve thickening. hope this helps

Latest posts

Back