Minimally Invasive Aortic Heart Valve Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

Has anyone had a minimally invasive aortic heart valve surgery? The incision is below the right clavicle and right above the nipple. Your chest does not have to be crack open. See http://www.cts.usc.edu/minimallyinvasiveheartvalvesurgery.html Tonight I was talking to a customer that was from the Mayco Clinic and he was telling me about this surgery. He was a heart surgeon from Mayco and was visiting Atlanta . With most aortic heart valve surgery it seen that most of us get a four inch or six inch incision. Last year I had my valve replace and now have a six inch scar. On my surgery note it has stage two congestive heart failure listed. Does congestive heart failure inprove after having your valve replaced?

Hi:
On August 14th of this year I had minimally invasive heart valve surgery at Mayo in Eau Claire, WI. I had the bicuspid aortic valve replaced with a mechanical valve and the mitral valve repaired. My incision was about 5 inches long and is where you describe yours.
Going in between the ribs with this type of surgery worked out very well for me.
I was in good health before surgery without many symptoms so improvement wasn't dramatic. Just kept on in good health. Doctors wanted to do surgery before my condition worsened.
Mike

Rebecca,
I am not a medical professional, but I would believe that your congestive heart failure would improve if you have the valve replaced. You heart has been working like crazy to compensate for the valve which doesn't open/close correctly, so having the valve replaced would certainly help the heart not work so hard. Good Luck for the future.

Latest posts

Back