Mini TIA in the brain!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Miller

I have been having some weird things going on for several weeks and just had a CT scan because of my severe sinusitis and the headaches, and the impression included non specific, white matter hypodensity. Most Compatable to microvascular ischemic disease! The PCP has not reviewed the the test yet, but I think that means I might have had a TIA at some time! Iv'e been feeling crappy for the last few weeks and have signs of heart problems again. I got chest pressure/pain, left hand tingling, and dizzy when getting up to fast agin. Still walking 3 miles a day till my cardio appointment Wed. It's just like it was just before the surgery, except I can exercise some yet. Any one had a TIA that caused all these problems?

Gary,

Sorry to hear your having some difficulty at this times. I hope you get the right answers and solutions from the medical team. I suffered a TIA in April of 2010, it started with severe vertigo with me one morning when I awoke, we went to the emerg and had the CT and a MRI that both showed negative. At that time I had been in the hospital the 3 days waiting to get in for the MRI. Since everything checked out OK, they decided to send me home, once I got out of the bed I then had the TIA, complete dizzy like I was going to pass out, but didn't. My vision in right eye went blind 75 percent. I then stayed another couple days in hospital. They believe what ever went into the brain, just restricted flow that caused vertigo for the first 3 days, then when I got up to go home, it moved down stream and plugged off, causing the TIA. My sysmtoms then included severe fatigue and vertigo. Took me a few months to shake the vertigo. My vision did return in the next 6 hrs after the event. Today I belief it was not a blood cloth from the slight AFib I was experiencing, I think it was a piece of calcium that broke free from my valve. I guess I will never know tho, just glad the valve is out now. Hope everything goes good for you. Take care.

Latest posts

Back