Million Paws Walk

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zarbie01

Yesterday I accompanied my dog for the Annual RSPCA Million Paws walk. WE walked around Albert PArk Lake along with 16000 other people and 10000 dogs. The course around the Lake was 5 k and we were parked about 1 k away from the start/finish line, so in all we walked 7k's.
I never thought I could do it. I was never short of breath,only my bones ached. I did the 5k walking briskly and I am so happy that I never had to stop for a rest. I cannot wait to report it to my cardio in 4 weeks time at my 1st valversary.

Cool! What a great-sounding event -- way to go on completing it. I gather this is an Australian event. We need to import it to the USA along with the Fosters and other good Aussie products. :)

There are many such walks in Canada. The dog rescue that I volunteer with just had their doggie "Walk a thon" this past Saturday. It is a very popular event and raises so much money for the extra surgeries that are required during the year.
Congratulations Zarbie!!

I have heard about these walks and would love to join in...maybe next year I can get a volunteer to help me as we have 2 dogs and I couldnt leave 1 at home while the other one got to have fun.

Glad you had a nice day...hope the weather was good in Melbourne.

walk

walk

Hi Zarbie, thanks for sharing about your race! I remember when you posted last month about it and you were in "training". I'm so glad you were able to finish and even better did'nt even need to stop for a break. We are all winners when we try to do something we think we can't do :D Take care Debbie :)

Back