Milestones

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiemember

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi everyone....

When I was told in Feb 2006 that I would need a valve replacement in my near future I can remember praying about it and asking God that if possible I could reach two milestones before my surgery - I wanted my daughter to turn 16 and I wanted to reach 40. Well, in February this year my daughter was 16 and today - three minutes ago - I turned 40!! It's 12.03 am here in Aussie land. :D

I wanted to share this with you all for two reasons, one, because I know you will understand that each significant birthday is a real blessing for those of us with heart challenges, and secondly, I would be interested in other's milestones - what significant events meant a lot more to you, either before or after surgery??

Jeanne.

P.S. Just to let you know I haven't put off OHS, both my surgeon and cardiologist are recommending I stay in the waiting room at this stage... :cool:

I haven't reached my goal yet.
In March of 2007, I was told that I might have 2 years along with lots of meds if I didn't have my surgery :eek: and I wanted to see my son get his diploma from University.......(he has 1 more year yet). Thats the only reason I signed the consent forums 1 hour before I had surgery.

Firstly.....Happy 40th Birthday! Enjoy the day. :)

As far as milestones go, the most significant milestone I've felt post-op is that sense of finally feeling "recovered" and my life is back to normal. The next milestone I anticipate is my kids graduating and starting to build their "adult" lives....and being an "empty nester" at last! :D ;)

Happy 40th birthday!- Time to set more milestones and sending best wishes that you meet them all!!

When I first found out about my valve issues, doctors really didn't have much long term information on life expectancy. I got everything from: "Be happy for whatever time you have left" to "You can expect a normal lifetime". Still not entirely sure what any of that meant in years. My milestone ended up being making it to the year 2000 which seemed so far off and somewhat impossible.

Now we are 8 years past that goal and I am looking to the future and many, many more years. I would love to see my 100th birthday.

In the meantime, Happy Birthday Jeanne. I wish for you that you make more goals and reach every one.

Gina
I have a first cousin who will be 90 in August. She still drives and does it well, she cleans her house and her son's and she cooks everyday. She can run circles around me. She told me yesterday that she is asking for 10 more. Knowing her she will get them. If you saw her you would not guess that she is 90. So it's possible.
Earline

Happy 40th and may you have many more!!!!:)
I was so sick I did'nt want to wait any longer if I had I probally would'nt be here today.
So one of my milestones was getting through OHS.
Then my daughter getting married in 2010 and graduating from UofA.
Hopefully I'll be around to spoil my grandchild...

I have so many milestones just feel blessed to be here to have any....:D

Congratulations to your milestones and MANY,MANY MORE
Have a great birthday too dont need to blow all the candles
out........wishes come true!!!!!!!!

zipper2

Thanks so much everyone for your birthday wishes and for sharing your milestones - I hope you all reach every one of them :D

I put out the garbage this morning with a huge smile on my face - my daughter asked why and I said "Because I'm 40 and still well enough to put out the garbage!!!" - Only the people on this site would understand that! I feel so grateful to be a part of this fantastic community :D'

Oh and now I've only got 60 more years to make 100 - ;)

Happy 40th! I remember 40 from eons ago. I wasn't supposed to make it to that nor where I am today at a 146. :D

Latest posts

Back