Milestone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluefields409

Will confess to feeling pleased. Surgery was 3 weeks ago today and I Walked 5 km in less than an hour, with inclines, gradients and only had to stop once just to double check heart rate.

Before surgery, the first gradient I would have to stop at least twice to catch breath and/or due to pain.

Yes I was tired by the time I got home but that was the longest I had walked since discharge.
:)

Helen

Thanx jhc1 and neil for the encouragement. Very Appreciated. I feel like I have turned a corner, although a rude reminder is just a sneeze, hiccup away. :rolleyes:

My husband also gently reminded me not to overdo. Slow and steady wins the race and I do not want to sabotage my recovery/rehab. I do know I have been very blessed to have everything go as smoothly as it has.

Helen

Will confess to feeling pleased. Surgery was 3 weeks ago today and I Walked 5 km in less than an hour, with inclines, gradients and only had to stop once just to double check heart rate.n

Excellent, keep up the good work, listen to your husband he sounds like a wise man :)

Appreciation out again for the encouraging words ( mbeard, ski girl and pellicle). Just completed my circuit for today before the next thunderstorm. Am hoping to get on some nature trails (with husband) this weekend with camera in hand .

Follow up with cardiologist next week and surgeon the week after. I think they will be pleased.

For those who may be struggling, please know many of us are rooting for you to overcome whatever heart challenges you may be facing before AND after surgery. This is a marathon , not a race.

Helen

Latest posts

Back