Metroporol wheezing?????

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

Unsure if any of you have been told your metropolol can cause wheezing in the chest

Been suffering with it for about aweek,saw Doc he put me on antibiotics suggesting it
kind of sounded like nemuenia... (spelling)? went back as the antibiotic was causing more tightness
in my chest so he put me on the nebulizer using pulmocort @ salbutamal along with 5 mg predonisone suggesting my metropolol is the culprit causing wheezing in the chest.

long story short i feel like (chit) but i avoided the pred med and started the 4 tabs yesterday
now i tab 4x daily for 4 days @ then after 4 days,3tabs that day @ so on ever anyone on preisone
you know the pain of taking it i have 50 tabs of it.not on the antibiotic anymore taken off it

My question when do i need to check inr @ does it lift or lower the inr which way do i need to be concerned or even do i my inrs are very stable and i check every 2 weeks on my machine,but
should i check weekly now since the predisone hit my system yesterday? dont know if metropolol
causes wheezing anyone heard of this and due to congestive heart failure i'm stuck on it 25mg half
tablet twice aday been on metrop 18 years.
Thanks to anyone who can answer any of my questions

One of my friends has had pneumonia for the past 3 weeks....lots of coughing, feeling very crappy. No fun at all.
You can do a Google search for Metoprolol side effects, but you are on a really small dose which shouldn't be a problem.
Since you have your own monitor don't be shy to check your INR any time that you want, but be careful to make changes to your dosing only when absolutely necessary.
Do you have any history of asthma or allergies? Take care of yourself.

Latest posts

Back