memory trouble

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it were not for post-it-notes and pop-ups on my screen I would have forgotten who I was and sold my position for a bag of magic beans.....memory loss may not happen to everyone but it sure as hell did to me......I guess....I really can't recall :mad:

last Sunday, I was teaching class and called one of our members "Matt" through the entire session. His name is Jim and we have been friends for several years.

pumphead - but as I age it gets worse recalling names.

3 hours

3 hours

i was on the heart/lung machine for 3 hours and have had no memory loss except for having to think hard once or twice to recall a bit of general knowledge.

surgeon said "3 hours was getting up there" and did not want time on machine to extend much past that.

I think the memory loss and just not feeling quite "sharp" anymore was one of the most frustrating parts for me. In the beginning it was very severe and if it weren't for the information that I got from this board, I don't know what I would have done. I have great doctors, but neither one of them have been through it themselves!
It took way more than a year for me to get back to close to normal. I'm not sure that I will ever feel quite as "sharp" as I did before surgery, although that may be the beta blocker talking.

Back