Melody Valve Implant (Non-Invasive)

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

Hi all,
I have just had a new Pulmonary Valve inserted through my groin. I was wondering if anyone else has had this same surgery? I know it is very new and they have only been doing them here in Australia for 2-3 years. I have had a higher heart rate and slower recovery than what I think is expected. I'm interested to see how my recovery fares with anyone else having had the same op?

Hi Kelly! My 13 year old son just got a Melody valve! Congratulations! So far the only problems we have had is some chest pain from the stuff inside his chest shifting to accommodate the new valve. Was this your first valve replacement? It was my son's second. The next one will be OHS because he will need a bigger one and a Melody valve goes inside the old valve so that won't work.

Hi Cheryl,
I also experienced some chest pain as well as some shortness of breath. This has subsided now though. How long did it take for your son to get back to normal?
I've had keyhole surgery before in April to fix heart palpitations that I started experiencing since my pregnancy. It was a simple and easy procedure which I was awake for and I was in and out of hospital the same day. I actually went back to work the next day (against Doctor's and Husbands orders).
However, after this surgery it has been a week on and I am a bit achy in the groin and still hobbling around! I have a hard lump under the point of entry so not sure if that is why It's still tender?
I have also had 2 OHS, (5 months old and 17 years.)
We are hoping I will be good for another 9 years now.
When will your son need his next surgery?

Kelly,

Chris started really feeling better after about a month and a half. He just had it done in August so it's still fairly fresh. He had no problem with the groin point of entry at all. He is back to most normal activity although he will never be allowed to do contact sports. But he mentioned yesterday that he would like to play sports in high school. Which is a departure from anything he would have imagined before the Melody valve. He was somewhat resigned to never playing competitive sports again. He likes baseball. So he must be feeling a lot better!

Are you on aspirin? Chris takes 1 baby aspirin daily and will continue that for a year. Maybe you have a bit of a clot around the entry point? Chris also had 2 OHS (at 5 mo and at 10 yrs). He was born with Tetralogy of Fallot. We suspect he will need the next valve replacement around 18. He's will most likely outgrow this valve before it wears out.

Hi Kelly my name is Eric and I'm about to have that same procedure done this Wednesday, I'm a bit nervouse, a couple of questions for you. How are yog feeling now and has your heart stopped racing? Are you active, hope all is well Eric

Latest posts

Back