Medtronic MRI SureScan Pacemaker

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES W

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had my 10 year AVR cardio checkup last week. Cardio advised I needed a pacer as Left BBB had now moved to a Right BBB. She was afraid I go down with complete 3rd degree block so scheduled procedure for this past Monday.

Was give the choice of the new Medtronic MRI scanable pacer, so opted for new technology over old standby model. Released yesterday from hospital with a very sore Right wing and all the precautions along with it. A few narcs to help over the bumps in the road. Will take a week off from work, but should be going strong very soon.
:):):)

Sounds good to me. It sounds like the pacer was a 'surprise' 10th valversary gift.
Wishing you all the best with your 'new' pacer.

Sounds like good hardware, and ten years is poreety good milage on BBB. I had Left BBB coming out of surgery which started showing up enough in my daily activities three months post surgery so I had St Jude installed last summer. My electrocardiologist felt that in my case, it was the best one for my needs, so no MRI for me. The sore shoulder should pass quickly. I was able to adjust and work around it even though I'm a sleep on my side guy. NOt being allowed to drive for two weeks was the worst part. I did find that after they let me move around without restrictions, it has helped to not be afraid use the area when I can to stretch it out. It also took a few months of 'tweaking' the programming (which I've read is normal for many), but it's great now and I feel great. I hope the same for you.

Hey there!
Glad you are taking care of yourself! We all need groovy technological toys to keep up with the younger generations!! Wear yours with pride! Hope you're less uncomfortable now.
Best wishes.
Marguerite

Latest posts

Back