Medicare and Cleveland Clinic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plsflgood

Does Original Medicare pays for an AVR at Cleveland Clinic ? Do you know if post-op care and emergency visits are covered, partially or fully ?

I would see no reason for Original Medicare not to pay "allowable amounts" to CC for AVR surgery. Post-op care and emergencies normally are covered, sometime in full and sometimes partially. More and more services are requiring co-pays and deductibles. Medicare normally sets "allowable amounts" for all services. Be careful to ask if your health care provider accepts these "allowable amounts" as payment. If not, you owe the balance above the Medicare approved amount. If you have a medicare supplement besides Original Medicare, you should ask the supplement carrier about their coverage at CC. I have been on Medicare for 11 years and find that it is always best to check with Medicare and/or the supplent insurer AND the medical provider BEFORE any expensive procedure. That way, hopefully, there will be few surprises. If you are new to Medicare, spend some time with the bible "Medicare and You" that will be sent to you prior to your eligibility for Medicare. Good Luck.

CC has an insurance representative assigned to each case. You can call CC and they will quickly connect you to a very competent insurance advocate. We have never had a problem with CC on insurnace. Normal insurance, Medicare, and Now Medicare Advantage.

They have these issues every day and are well prepared to assist you.\

I had my AVR at CC this past Oct. and yes they take Medicare. I have not had any problems at all. While there I was never once asked for a dime, actually money was never discussed. I had Dr. Petterrson and he was great. Everyone was great. All charges made only require the usual copay. The copay is not on the full amount but the amount Medicare agrees to.

Latest posts

Back