Medic Alert Bracelets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what happened to mine, but I know that I need to find it and wear it.
A great site for nice bracelets is
LaurensHope.com

The sizes listed on their site for beaclets didn't fit me very well.
I opted for a SS necklace. I think anti-coags need something. The scare doesn't tell it all.
Thanks for the reminder.

Do you think it is needed if you are not on blood thinner? I have two Edwards bioprosthetic valves, but only have my Edwards ID card in my wallet.

Would having a med alert bracelet be needed in my case? :confused:

(I should ask, is it beneficial in any way)

Mike

Hi Mike,
I have a porcine valve so also have no particular reason to wear a bracelet. I keep the card in the wallet and feel that is sufficient.

I do however have this bracelet:
http://www.n-styleid.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NI&Product_Code=SBRAB

I wear this whenever my wallet is not on me, for example I mountain bike by myself on weekdays. Although I am careful (you still need to catch air once in a while) there is a chance of injury. I also wear it when I go on group rides (they don't know I upgraded my OEM valve with an aftermarket) just in case. Oh, I am also allergic to morphine, found that out after my surgery, so I have that written on it also.

Latest posts

Back