mechanical valve comparison

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Always Assume Positive Intent
Hey everyone,

I was surfing the internet on my blackberry while between the echo, chest x-ray, and ekg today. I stumbled across a webpage that reported normal mean and max pressure gradients for different mechanical valves, and the results seemed interesting. I made a mental note to find it tonight on a real computer, but I now can't find it at all. Have any of you found this resource? It was written for echo techs, from the look of it, and gave them normal values to look at. It seemed that all mechanical valves were higher in gradient than I would have thought, but then I don't know what my expectations would have been based upon. Thanks!

My Px gradient was measured pre and post surgery under anesthetic. I had severe AS with my AV reduced to .5 cm sq. Pre surgery the Px gradient was 45-56 mm Hg. After the 23 mm On-X was implanted the Px gradient dropped to a jaw staggering 4-6 mm Hg!!!!!!!

Wow, are those both max pressure gradient or mean? In any case, it looks like your ON-X is doing even better than the reported data, which is wonderful! I still need to request the paperwork from my most recent echo, which I haven't seen yet. Thanks for the reminder! I THINK my valve is the Sorin Bicarbon, as opposed to the Carbomedics bileaflet in the study. However, I am still waiting for the 'real' ID card from Sorin/Carbomedics. The first one they sent me had the wrong physician for the surgeon, as well as the wrong customer service number (an italian number instead of Colorado) and no model number.

Latest posts

Back