mechanical or tissue valve and an active lifestyle?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are you saying about McD? That special sauce on the burgers...genius. whatever part of the chicken those nuggets come from...they should have patented that. Then we get to their masterpiece...fries. Once you taste McD fries you have a benchmark for all fries in your life...you understand crispy, crunchy, salty.
You can without a doubt argue that a child who says no to McD is not okay.

genius. whatever part of the chicken those nuggets come from...
Acknowledged

https://www.delish.com/food-news/news/a52351/mcdonalds-szechuan-dipping-sauce/
1693147912429.png

So eating half a grapefruit would be ok? I’ve been under assumption that none is only answer - my bad.
I have had some long bike rides this weekend - also under the impression that physical exertion modifies the INR. I test Mondays so will get to find out today.

So eating half a grapefruit would be ok? I’ve been under assumption that none is only answer - my bad.
What I wrote is not advice or dosing guidelines, its an example that came up in conversation!

You'd need to experiment and take measurements of INR to determine the effect ... myself I take none because its slightly better than drinking acid.

I also take none because why take the risk when I despise the foul tasting stuff which has no health benefits (which can not be obtained from any Vitamin C source) ... if you like it then the solution is straightforward:
  1. experimental design,
  2. test,
  3. document
  4. and know
Best Wishes

I wanna to know more about the lady who climbed the everest with a mechanical valve hahaha
Well, there was this lady. And she had a St Jude mechanical heart valve. She climbed Mt Everest and lived to tell about it. The end.

😁

A little closer to home - and not nearly as impressive- I have a St Jude mechanical valve and hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up two years in a row now. The valve itself won’t be your limitation. Anything you can’t do with the valve you probably wouldn’t have been able to do anyway. St Jude or not, I don’t handle altitude very well. Mt Everest isn’t in the cards for me.

I have had some long bike rides this weekend - also under the impression that physical exertion modifies the INR. I test Mondays so will get to find out today.
Grapefruit might affect the INR, you can discuss that with whomever does your INR. Exercise can affect your INR, but it is not to discourage anyone needing to exercise to stop. Please do exercise for it is good for the heart, blood circulation and for muscle tone. Your heart and lungs get better with exercise.

You do realize this thread is over12 years old? I don't know if that's a risk or not - ask the lady that climbed Mt. Everest with a SJM valve?
I am aware genius...And I am not asking about Everest ...you --I am asking about dietary changes when traveling and how that affects INR

Last edited:
Why bionic? I loved this wor. Better then mechanical. But I understand thats not accurate
The Six Million Dollar Man was an old America TV series staring Lee Majors as The Bionic Man. Rebuilt after an accident with “bionic” / robotic parts that made him a super-hero. Super strength, vision, speed, etc. So now it’s kind of entered American slang to refer to any artificial parts as “Bionic”.

The Six Million Dollar Man was an old America TV series staring Lee Majors as The Bionic Man. Rebuilt after an accident with “bionic” / robotic parts that made him a super-hero. Super strength, vision, speed, etc. So now it’s kind of entered American slang to refer to any artificial parts as “Bionic”.
I know it.
Im 36 but that show was a hit here in Brazil too. But it gots my dads generation attention.
So, I'll call it bionic valve huahuahua. Researching I discovered that the term is from using principles from the biology on engeneering. Thats not so wrong. But, that may make some confusion with the biological valves, that also may be called bionic, considering that concept.
But i think thats a fun word to a prothesys

The question we all want to know: In a battle between the Six Million Dollar Man and Superman, who would win?

We already know what would happen if Steve Austin runs into The Hulk:

Also, everyone knows how he fared against Bigfoot:

But, one major match up remains to be tested.

The question we all want to know: In a battle between the Six Million Dollar Man and Superman, who would win?

We already know what would happen if Steve Austin runs into The Hulk:

Also, everyone knows how he fared against Bigfoot:

But, one major match up remains to be tested.

Wouldn’t even be a contest. Superman would have him disassembled in no time. Unless he had the foresight to incorporate kryptonite into his bionics. Wouldn’t that be something?

Thing that always bugged me is that he had one bionic arm, two bionic legs, and a bionic eye. But he lifted stuff with two hands. His left would be useless to even stabilized some of the stuff he lifted. And it’s not like one can palm a car. The parts will break even if one could grip it.

Lou Ferrigno was so much better as the Hulk than this CGI stuff where he’s as big as they need him to be for any particular scene.

** Spoiler Alert!?! Big Foot was a growling robot!?!

I have heard it said that Americans can eat anything if its between two slices of bread or has enough sugar on it.
Not me, I don't care much for bread, but a good bacon/tomato/mayonnaise/lettuce sandwich is good every now and then. After thinking about it I could eat almost anything with sugaro_O.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back