Mechanical Heart Valve leaking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went to the doctor today and apparently I am one of very few that have 2 mechanical valves here, also the surgeon does not know what is causing the problems with my legs and feet and ankles swelling and my legs turning purple, other than my aortic valve is leaking. also the shortness of breath. He is sending me to Dallas to see another cardiologist who specializes in people who have 2 mechanical valves and dealing with all the problems I have been having. He said he will call me in about a week to let me know when to be in Dallas. My hubby went with me and was very supportive and when the doctor told us he was sending us on a road trip I got really scared but then he told us that this doctor is the very best with double valve replacement and the problems I am having. He also told us that it is very unusual for a mechanical valve to breakdown this far after the surgery, that if they were going to fail it happens right after surgery not almost 3 years after.
It has been a very long and trying day for me and my hubby, and we are keeping our faith in God to lead us through this journey.
Thank you everyone for all your support and comments.
God Bless and I will keep y'all posted

Well I went to the doctor today and apparently I am one of very few that have 2 mechanical valves here, also the surgeon does not know what is causing the problems with my legs and feet and ankles swelling and my legs turning purple, other than my aortic valve is leaking. also the shortness of breath. He is sending me to Dallas to see another cardiologist who specializes in people who have 2 mechanical valves and dealing with all the problems I have been having. He said he will call me in about a week to let me know when to be in Dallas. My hubby went with me and was very supportive and when the doctor told us he was sending us on a road trip I got really scared but then he told us that this doctor is the very best with double valve replacement and the problems I am having. He also told us that it is very unusual for a mechanical valve to breakdown this far after the surgery, that if they were going to fail it happens right after surgery not almost 3 years after.
It has been a very long and trying day for me and my hubby, and we are keeping our faith in God to lead us through this journey.
Thank you everyone for all your support and comments.
God Bless and I will keep y'all posted
He really is just wanting another doctor to check me out for obvious reasons. He is very concerned and wants to have all the best info.

Latest posts

Back