Maryka was having surgery this week. Anyone hear from her???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PM'd Maryka. She is recovering from hip surgery as expected. She is doing well but in alot of pain. She said she will be back on the boards soon, but has to concentrate on getting her INR back up. She is able to stay with a friend, so she does have help.

Hi! I had my hip replaced at Duke here in North Carolina. I am glad it is over and that I am at my friend Anne's house for recovery. I met the whole home health team today and ran through my new exercises. I am struggling to get my INR up where it needs to be, but my Hopkins cardiologist telephoned and we made a plan for the next week. Now, since the hurricane seems it will miss High Point, if ONLY we could get some relief from the hot hot summer of 2010!

Anyone else here have hip replacement lately or use Duke Medical Center?

Maryka, So good to see you back. Glad to hear that your surgery went well. Hopefully your INR will get back up where it needs to be sooner rather than later. I had my first heart surgery done at Duke many, many years ago. You don't like our scorching heat here in North Carolina???

Kim

Hi! I had my hip replaced at Duke here in North Carolina. I am glad it is over and that I am at my friend Anne's house for recovery. I met the whole home health team today and ran through my new exercises. I am struggling to get my INR up where it needs to be, but my Hopkins cardiologist telephoned and we made a plan for the next week. Now, since the hurricane seems it will miss High Point, if ONLY we could get some relief from the hot hot summer of 2010!

Anyone else here have hip replacement lately or use Duke Medical Center?
I hope you recovery quickly and that your INR gets back to where it should be soon. I live just outside Charlotte NC and it really is a scorcher this summer. I went to Duke July 12th for my AVR.

I too had hip replacement surgery in Feb. of 2008. I'm glad your surgery went well. My hip was so bad that not a day goes by that I don't marvel at how much better I feel having done the replacement. I was not allowed to be weight bearing for 6 weeks because of some additional reconstruction of the hip socket so my arms got very strong in those weeks from getting around on crutches :). After I was allowed to walk on that leg the progress was quick. Do the excercises and stay ahead of the pain with meds for the first couple of weeks. You will be moving around more comfortably soon. Take care.

Thanks to all of you for visiting my thread and weighing in on North Carolina and on hip replacements! My hip is getting better every day, though not as quickly as some might heal, I guess. I will have the staples removed tomorrow by the visiting nurse. I will have my follow-up exam at the surgeon's office in a week. I am eager to get home, for some reason. I even sneaked outside yesterday and got in my car and drove it from one parking space to another in the little lot outside my hostess' house. For the first time in almost a year my hip did NOT hurt getting in or out of the car. Hooray! However, I cannot walk without the walker yet. I hope that comes soon! I see signs that my INR is up where it should be. The same visiting nurse who will remove the staples will also read my INR. Little by little things are getting better. (The heat is even supposed to go down a couple of degrees tomorrow.)

Back