Mara's Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mara

Hi, I'm David, Mara's new husband. Mara had her surgery this morning, and she wanted me to make sure that I posted the details on this site for her.
She is doing really well, with very little bleeding. The nurses hope that she will be able to sit up tonight, and she will transfer out of the ICU in the morning. She had the Ross with the cryo valve that she wanted, but was on the by-pass machine for a bit longer than she anticipated (5 hours).
Surgery started at 7am and she was in the recovery room by 2.15pm. The breathing tubes were removed at about 7pm, and I was allowed to see her at 8.30. She was still a bit groggy, but was awake enough to make sure I posted this message.
I'll try to give more updates later tomorrow, but at this stage we are both really pleased with the outcome.
David

David - Many thanks for posting and I'm so glad for you both that Mara has made a good start to her recovery. What a relief its over. I hope and pray she will continue as she has started. You've had a somewhat eventful start to your married life!

Congratulations on your marriage and wishing you both a long, happy and healthy life together.

Hi David,

PLease pass on my get well wishes to Mara, and thank you for taking the time to post your update to us. I hope she has a speedy and full recovery. Tell her to take her time, don't overdo things, and hug that pillow when she has to cough or sneeze.

We'll look forward to seeing her posting all the events of her surgery when she feels up to it.

Rob

Mara's Surgery

Hi David,
Thank you for posting the news. I am so happy she is doing well. Please give her my best.
Francesca

Mara's Surgery

Hi David,
Thank you for posting the news. I am so happy she is doing well. Please give her my best.
Francesca

Mara

Mara

Hi David,

Thank you so much for posting the news on Mara. Give her a kiss for all ofus and tell her the good wishes and prayers are still coming your way for both of you. Take care of her and get back to us when you can. Love

David, thanks so much for giving us this timely news that Mara's surgery went well. She has been such a great contributor to this forum. I wish both of you well with her recovery and also your recent marriage.

I also had a CryoValve implant and my surgeon told me that for this reason the surgery took longer (8 hours, but I also had the root and almost the entire ascending aorta replaced). I don't know if she had the SynerGraft version of the valve like I had or the regular homograft, but my understanding is that the SynerGraft valve handles a bit differently and since it is so new, it takes a bit longer to implant. I was told this upfront in advance, and so everything went as expected.

Please keep us posted and let us help with any bumps on the road she might run in to.

It all gets better from here on out. Good luck and Godspeed.

Hi David..

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how Mara's surgery went. She was in my thoughts and prayers yesterday, and I hoped for a good out come. It looks like she's on the road to a quick recovery, and knowing her spunk she'll be up and around and chasing you.
Also many, many good wishes come your way on your marriage. I hope it'll be a long, happy and healthy one with lots of bunchkins.

Blowing get well kisses from Arizona.

Mara's heart buddy,

Christina

David - Thanks for keeping us infomed about Mara's surgery. Everything sounds good especially about the part about getting out of the ICU. Please pass along my best wishes for further recovery.

David, thanks for posting.

Tell Mara that we are all thinking of her and praying for an uneventful recovery.

Thank you David for posting us. And many happy years to you and Mara.

Mara, welcome to this side of the mountain. We are so glad that you have come through with such flying colors. Now you will soon be able to put lots more into your new marriage, what with your new life after surgery. We can't wait to hear your voice back with us. Sounds like you got a really good guy in David. God bless

CONGRATULATIONS!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hello David,

How very nice to meet you! Sounds like Mara is doing great.. send her our love and best wishes!

Rain

Thanks for the news

Thanks for the news

Hi David
Thanks for the news about Mara ...she has been in my thoughts and prayers this week ,in fact you both have ...I bet this is alost as hard for you as for her . Delighted to hear she has come through surgery well and hope she continues to make good progress ...looking forward to meeting you both when you come home to Scotland ..love to you both ..tell Mara to take it easy .
love Scottie

PS..The weather is Scotland has been awful this week .

Great news David and Mara

Great news David and Mara

So glad to hear that your surgery is over and it went well for you. Here's to a healthier you.

Congratulations on your new marriage, and many, many happy years together.

Mara,
So glad your surgery went well,
remember it only gets better day by day then week by week and pretty soon you are back to normal!
Hugging the pillow didn't work too well for me, I just tried not to cough and that's not easy!!
Speedy recovery to you, a newlywed, too!
Well, at least he had seen you at your worst and scariest, huh? We find out how strong our men and we women are by going thru this surgery!
Gail

Latest posts

Back