Mainframe's Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hi Mainframe-

I see that your surgery date is approaching on Tuesday. I wanted to wish you the very best surgical result. You'll have a shiny new heart ready for St. Paddy's Day celebrating. Maybe they'll give you some green Jello. I hope someone can post for you after surgery. We'll all be here waiting to hear how things went.

Thanks Nancy

I go in tomorrow for some testing and then early on Tuesday for surgery. Not as nervous as I thought. We went away for the weekend just to have some fun. I had the biggest steak I've ever tried to eat at Morton's in Vancouver BC. Yum! Didn't finish it though.

Thanks for the good thoughts. I'll have someone try and post my outcome Tuesday evening.

Chris

Good Luck

Good Luck

Chris, I wanted to let you know we're pulling for you and you'll soon be on the mend.

I've yet to meet Dr. Verrier, but my referral should be coming through any day now.

Best of luck!!

Johnny

climbing the mountain

climbing the mountain

Can't wait to see you at the top Chris! :)

Know that we are all here thinking of you.

Rain

Hi Chris,

I want to let you know you'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. Before you know it will all be behind you and you'll be on the mend. Have someone keep us posted. Take care and God Bless!

hi chris!
you will be in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow! you'll see, before you know this will be behind you and you will be well on your way to recovery. please have someone update us on how you're doing.
God bless,
sylvia

Come on up!

Come on up!

Hi Chris,

As one of the most recent to get to the top of the mountain (2 weeks tomorrow) I'd like to extend my sincere best wishes for a very successful surgery tomorrow and a speedy recovery. I'll be watching for your posts in the next couple of days.

I know you have some anxiety about the surgery, but as I told you last week, it's not that bad. My recovery is going well, too. I'm walking a couple of miles a day (1 mile, twice a day), I haven't had any trouble sleeping in my own bed, even lying on my side part of the night. My taste buds are a little off, but my appitite's fine. I really don't have a whole lot to complain about and I hope you won't have either.

Keep that positive attitude.

BTW, my new bovine valve skipped a beat when you talked about eating that huge steak over the weekend.

You'll be in our prayers tomorrow.

Ron K.

You're being kept in the prayers here too!

Let us know when it's possible. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. ;)

I missed you before you are off to hospital so you won't see my good wishes til after, but when you do, please know that my prayers are with you all the way there and back. And we're waiting for you right here. God bless

Mountain Detour...

Mountain Detour...

Well it seems my surgery is delayed until possibly Friday.

Seems in my quest for a Ross Procedure, the echo sent originally to the surgeon didn't have much pulmonary images, so they need to do another echo prior to the surgery to get a good view of the pulmonary valve. DOH! START VENT It sure mighta been nice if they tried to look at it before 4:00 pm the day prior to the surgery. :( They've had my echo images for approx. 2 months and I've told them my preference for a Ross more than once. END VENT

And the surgeon has another procedure Friday morning, so I'm not sure if either I want him or he wants to do a Ross Procedure starting around 12:00 pm. as the second procedure of his day. Hmmmm.

Thanks again for your well wishes. I'll print them off to read on what ever day I end up "going in".

Chris

Oh Chris-

So sorry to hear that your surgery has been delayed. Don't worry, your surgeon will be "up" for your surgery. They can and do have more than one procedure per day, sometimes.

I've heard it said that these kinds of last minute changes are "good luck", however disconcerting they are.

Feel free to rant in the meantime. We're all here to listen.

What the .....?

What the .....?

Chris, very sorry to hear about this unexpected road block. I hope you can maintain the relaxed approach and positive outlook that you obviously had going, as that will definitely work to your advantage. Feel free to vent / spew as necessary and we'll be here!

Let us know how this pans out....

Johnny

Hi!

Just wanted to add a line. My husband had his surgery on 10/3/02 at Mass General. Top notch surgeon. He went into surgery around 7:00, and at 9:30, they called down to the waiting room, to find out if I had theecho's and x-rays. We did have them, but they were at home. Almost two hours away. Then they said never mind, when we offered to have someone from home drive them up. Now that was frustrating. Never told my husband till he was home from the hospital.
So, I think sometimes they consider things kind of routine, and start up late.
Wishing you the very best of luck on Friday, or whenever they schedule it for!
Marybeth

Slight delay

Slight delay

Hi Chris,

'Sorry to hear about the delay in your surgery. I can imagine how angry you were about having to wait another 3 days.

I wouldn't worry about being the doctor's second surgery of the day. My surgeon usually does 2/day. I was first, and I had a few concerns about that too. I hoped he hadn't been out partying the night before, he had a good night's sleep, he had his morning coffee, etc. So there are trade-offs about being 1st or 2nd.

I just hope that you aren't delayed again and that all goes well on Friday. I'll be praying for you again and watching for your posts.

Ron K

Hi Chris,

I was sorry to read about your delay. I can kind of relate to your situation. I went in for the non-invasive procedure last March 5, and when that was a failure, they rescheduled me for March 8th for the OHS. The worst part is I ended up just staying in the hospital those three days as they ran more test. UGH! :(

I was also scheduled for the morning on the 8th and then they switched me to the afternoon. I agree with Ron K. Going first or second has it's pros and cons. I hope it all is a go for Friday.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully someone can keep us posted. Take care and God Bless!

Latest posts

Back