Low fat diet.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashkir

When I was first allowed to eat again I was told the doctor wants me to go on a low fat diet for the rest of my life. Why did they choose low fat, out of curiosity? My doctor ended up canceling it in the end, because I was underweight and I never, ever had a problem with my food intake. I don't go insane on junk food. xD. If they went through with it, oh how would've it destroyed my teenagedom. XD

But...just why low fat diet? This question keeps striking at me. ><'.

I think it's more of a reflex by many in the medical community. If your cholesterol isn't high, no reason.

When I was first allowed to eat again I was told the doctor wants me to go on a low fat diet for the rest of my life. Why did they choose low fat, out of curiosity? My doctor ended up canceling it in the end, because I was underweight and I never, ever had a problem with my food intake. I don't go insane on junk food. xD. If they went through with it, oh how would've it destroyed my teenagedom. XD

But...just why low fat diet? This question keeps striking at me. ><'.

YOU WILL GET INTO THAT SQUARE BOX, WE DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE A ROUND PEG....Thinking outside the lines is not always something that administrative personnel in hospitals do. You are in the cardiac ward, you must be obese and need to curb your fat intake. They don't even take the time to look at you. It just how it is done. Take Care and don't worry you are doing just fine.:)

They did the same with me - low fat and low salt. My heart problem is not caused by either of these things, but I think it's just a habit because so many are.

I am actually eating a low fat "heart healthy" diet now. I ate whatever I wanted before. My wt. was 244 at 5'10". I ate rib eye steak at least 3-5 nights a week. When I had my cath I had no blockage and my colestrol was 181. I now am down to 203. Even though my colestrol was 181 the Dr. put me on a satin drug. Had sever musle and joint pain and took myself off of it. i guess he was trying to increase my HDL. It has always been low. However, from my research the satins are not effective at increasing the HDL. I am taking B3 for that. I think they some times just do a one size fits all.

Latest posts

Back