Like to see some snow?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nancy and Rain,
Being from Minnesota, I get your drift....:D

Thanks for sharing the pics!

--John

Rain

Rain

Don't knock age 62:p :p :p :p I am age 62..:D We have two "KIDS" age 33 and 35..We still say..Our kids.You DON'T wean them until they are age 40:p :p :p Son still calls Mama regular..If I tell him we are going on a Motorhome trip..he wants to know where? how long? ect.:D :D :D Daughter just wants us to go out and have fun:) :) Boys love their Mama's..girls their Daddy:D NOW..when it comes to our two Grandson's..We proudly say OUR Grandchildren.(Not kids, ect.) BTW...I feel age 39..:D :D We had so much fun when our KIDS were in college. They wanted us involved in everything on Campus for Parents.Hope the snow melts soon so your KIDS won't have to makeup too much. Bonnie

Snowed In

Snowed In

Have been unable to access the internet for three days because my phoneline went down, somewhere under this three FEET (feet, not inches) of heavy wet snow here in Denver. I'm no stranger to snow (Gina, I, too, grew up in Chi-town and lived through the Blizzard of '67) but this was crazy. Many of us have prayed for snow because of our severe drought conditions but someone said one too many prayers.:) I STILL can't get my car out to the street to get to work (gee, what a pity;) ). Only bad thing is my poor wife had to shovel all 36 inches off the sidewalks and driveway. Didn't think it was a good idea to shovel that much three weeks before my surgery. Unfortuantely, I was unable to donate my blood for the surgery - don't know if I'll be able to do now.

Paul

I am sure we will make up for it at some point. Next season perhaps. Though, many years ago.... do recall snow on the 6th of June. It was my mother's birthday.What a gift!:D

Paul, another hometown guy! What part of Chicago are you from? You all do need the snow in Denver I agree. Good friend of mine just moved back from Golden. She was very concerned about the future condition of her property with water restrictions.

Hey, Gina

Hey, Gina

Grew up in the City. Exit Wrigley Field and take the Addison St. bus straight west to Harlem Ave. and you're in "the old neighborhood" (familiar at all?). Left the Midwest many years ago but I can understand why your friend left Golden - I really missed water last year. Went back to Chicago and Lake Geneva area last summer and thought I'd died and taken that stairway to heaven with all that green and blue - nice change from brown.:)

Paul

Hey Paul!
Don't worry too much about being able to donate the blood, since the screening these days is outstanding. I basically had all my blood replaced with no ill effects (well almost, as I do howl at full moons and grow fangs).

I was born in Colorado, and lived in Denver (Littleton) as a kid. I miss the mountains! Shoveling right now wouldn't be a good idea, so you are wise to have the spousal unit do it. I do believe that wielding a whip is still OK for your heart, though :D

Find plenty of fun things to do during the next few weeks, and maybe chock up a few brownie points with the wife and family:) So maybe this is NOT the time to crack the snow-shoveling whip....

Best,
John

Thanks, John, I think

Thanks, John, I think

John, I live in Littleton now (Broadway and Mineral if that rings a bell). Yeah, guess I won't worry too much if I can't donate blood. I know it's screened really well now. Not sure if my window of opportunity has passed. I know you can't donate more than 40 days out but I assume there is a time period before the surgery that you shouldn't be playing vampire.

Think we'll get a few posts about "cracking the whip on spousal units"? (Note to others, please send your nasty e-mails to John, not me - sorry, brother, I'm running the other way:D )

Paul

This "spousal unit" has been doing all the snow clearing ever since we were first married.

I have a very old, very large snow blower. It was a bone of contention in my divorce from first "male spousal unit", but I won!

I love to shovel

I love to shovel

I love to shovel snow. Of course it is totally restricted but I love to do it. Paul, my daughter lives in the city. She's in Lincoln Park and plays softball for Depaul (notice I said "plays ball" and not is a student") This time of year the student thing is secondary. I love the city but am glad when I get back to my town of 10,000.

Hey Paul!!!

You only live about 5 miles from me. I live in Littleton as well, at Mineral & Platte Canyon. My husband works at Broadway & Dry Creek!!

All,

We have about 40 inches of snow here. My family and I spent the last 2 days digging out. The plow finally came by yesterday (Thursday) at about 3pm. We lost power at 10:30pm on Tuesday and didn't get it back until yesterday after 4pm. Sooo, not only were we stuck here, but we were cold and in the dark too! Fortunately, our house is very well insulated and we have a fireplace in the basement. We cooked on a coleman stove, a large propane burner, and a small propane burner. Gourmet hot dogs anyone?

The kids are still out of school, today (day 4) because the engineers want to look at all the school roofs. Next week is spring break, so the kids just got "almost" a two week vacation.

My in-laws are driving home from Tucson today. I guess I should get the young-un's over there to shovel for grandma & grandpa. We're all so sore though...I'm not sure we'll make it.

We made it to the store after the plow came through, but the shelves were pretty bare. We just picked up some milk & bread.

All in all, it's been an adventure. Oh and the long range forcast (6-10 days) has us getting another foot next Thursday night!!!

L8R!!!

Latest posts

Back