leave without pay?!?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an email to the HR superintendent. I first listed all the "additional" positions I hold in the county. I then pleaded for his help. He is in contact with my principal so we'll see what happens next.

Wow, I was lucky judging by the above posts. My employer was required to give me one month on full pay then one month on half pay but after a few weeks they contacted me and said they would give me six months on full pay then six months on half pay, and for good measure they would disregard the days that I had sick earlier that year.

Then they took my job away on the first day back after eight months sick! :)

"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I am tapping into the braintrust here at VR.com..."

Michelle, VR is a wealth of information, isn't it? Wow, I am amazed at all the informative answers.

Discounted rates

Discounted rates

Hi Michelle,

I am a brand new member of VR forums so please excuse me if there is any repitition in my posting. I only just discovered these forums, I wish I knew about it 4 1/2 years ago when I had my AVR surgery.

At the time of my surgery I did NOT HAVE any medical insurance.. I was (and still am) self employed and I could not get any insurance with my pre-existing condition. (I now have insurance). That is a long story but not the point of my posting. I had to bear the entire cost of the surgery on my own. However, I had the most fantastic surgeon and he helped arrange discounted pricing with the hospital, charged me a reasonable amount himself and also got the anestheologist to reduce her rates for me.

Although the financial burden was huge and I will be paying for it for many years to come, the discounted rates helped a lot.

My point to this is that, most often, all you need to do is ASK for better rates and often they will be granted. Even if you have an insurance cap you are still liable for a lot of cash but maybe your doctors will waive or reduce that burden on you.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Stan

Back