Lasik Surgery Question Please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

ticktock

I am seriously considering Lasik surgery. Enough that I am scheduled for next Monday. I have been to my Opthamologist,
my GP and the Lasik guy. All say is ok. I am slightly worried about possible bleeding. This Lasik Doc says he has never had a bleed.....

Has anyone here had it done?? Have any input, negative or positive?? Thanks in advance!
Mindy

Hi Mindy-

What does the person who monitors your Coumadin say?

Joe had cataract surgery (not the same as you're going to have) and he was hospitalized for 8 days. They did the whole Heparin thing with him, it was before the use of Lovenox.

The ophthalmologist was amazed because it's usually an outpatient thing. Joe was the first valve patient he had worked on I guess. He didn't have a clue about Coumadin.

Lasik

Lasik

I am not on coumadin, but had lasik surgery last year. There is no blood involved at all. I didn't even have to take antibiotics before or after. I had good results, and am not wearing any kind of glasses. Although the results are quick (I drove myself to the checkup the next morning), there were some lingering effects. My night vision was not as good for a while and I had a "fog" over one of my eyes for about a month. I had the monovision done and am happy with it. I would have to wear reading glasses, judging from my "far" eye, if I had not done that. Good luck. I have wore glasses or contacts since the third grade, and it is absolutely amazing.

Marcia

Latest posts

Back