Knee Arthoscopy Thursday 17th July.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

I was at the health centre where the ortho and anaesthesiologist that are my bone cutters do business today. I've been booked for my arthoscopic menisectomy and to have screws removed from an old ACL surgery for (holy cow, sometimes the Canadian system can move quickly) next Thursday.

This is day surgery and I should be home that night, so I'll update you as soon as I can. Thanks for all your good thoughts.

Best wishes regarding your upcoming procedure. I hope this is relatively pain minimal? Godspeed.
The doc today assured me that pain issues with this will be minimal. There'll be associated bone ache from them needing to chip out the screw heads but T3's should take care of it.

I was happy enough to see that my BP was down to 137 over 78 and my HR was around 78BPM too (I usually run at 90 or so). It's good that this is going to be taken care of. I'm actually looking forward to the OP.

Thank you.

Thanks everyone. I am pretty sure things will go smoothly. I'll be having an epidural and the anaesthesiologist was genuinely contrite that he hadn't listened to my concerns when he managed my case during ACL reconstruction on the left knee.

I'm a rare breed indeed, apparently. Only 5% of patients get prolonged and unmanageable itch from morphine and its derivatives. A very small percentage of the population have gall stones form as children... and so on and so on. Sometimes, I'd trade my exceptional status for "normalcy" any day...

Pamela,
Thinking about your knee scope surgery and sending((((HUGS)))
and best wishes out to you and please post us as we all worry,
as it's our nature.So keep in touch when you can.:)

zipper2

Thanks everyone. The surgeon spent about 30 minutes grinding and vacuuming up very fibrous meniscus as well as pulling the large (3/4 inch in diameter) chunk of cartilege out of my knee. I'm down to bare bones in much of my joint faces so, in order to preserve my native knee as long as possible I need to wear a custom knee brace all of the time.

My lateral collateratal ligament is incredibly lax and allows my knee to bow outwards too much as well, so the brace should keep things centred and improve my gait. I hope it all doesn't take too long, I'd really like to get moving for cardio and endurance exercise.

Hopefully, I'll need to wait forever for my knee to finally require the surgery to replace it.

Take Heart everyone, I do every time I read your support to others on this forum. Thankyou.
Pamela.

Pamela, glad it is behind you and hope it provides you with relief for a long time.

Back