Kentucky Derby 2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wise

I don't know a lot about these horses, but my picks this year are Dunkirk and Papa Clem. Anyone else have a pick?

You know,that I was just telling someone that I have NEVER picked the
Derby winner,and coming from Louisville..thats alot of misses.
I think my problem is that I pick the 'prettiest' horse:rolleyes:
And I agree with what someone else said..wheres my Mint Julep?

Enjoy your Derby Day, Wise:)

I have picked some winners, but I'm not much of a better.

Can't help with the mint juleps though. Now give me a bourbon ball or bourbon sauce on some yummy dessert, then you'll have my interest. ;)

Okay,I never pick the right one but here we go again - I like General Quarters
Chocolate Candy. Hold Me Back is also "pretty":p
Now watch they will come in last:D

Okay,I never pick the right one but here we go again - I like General Quarters
Chocolate Candy. Hold Me Back is also "pretty":p
Now watch they will come in last:D

They are some of the favorites, so you may have a winner in that group.

Cindy likes General Quarters and Desert Party.

I have picked some winners, but I'm not much of a better.

Can't help with the mint juleps though. Now give me a bourbon ball or bourbon sauce on some yummy dessert, then you'll have my interest. ;)

Burbon, and black pepper grilled steak anyone?

The biggest concern I have is the sloppy track. I always worry about injuries because it is just too unpredictable.

The biggest concern I have is the sloppy track. I always worry about injuries because it is just too unpredictable.

Yes, I'm always concerned when there are some many horses on a sloppy track. It hasn't rained for quite a while today so maybe the track won't be too bad (fingers crossed).

My longshot and the prettiest horse = Mr Hot Stuff #3. Mike's favorite = Chocolate Candy #11, Hold em Back = #5 and Dunkirk = #15.

The Derby is a 'bucket list' and I was there to see my pick #3 win many moons ago...such fun and I still have about 15 of those mint julip glasses.

See if I would have played "my" number 8 ,I woulda won.
Well so I'm keeping up my record of never picking a win,place or show:cool:

It seems like Mine That Bird was the only horse who knew he was in a race. The rest rode like they were on a Sunday stroll.

It seems like Mine That Bird was the only horse who knew he was in a race. The rest rode like they were on a Sunday stroll.
Yeah see how all the drugs and high tech treatment can turn against
them- simplicity is best it seems.
I love seeing the underdog win,especially in such a spectacular manner.

I love seeing the underdog win,especially in such a spectacular manner.
Me, too. I was so busy watching the three horses close together because the horse I liked was there. I blinked and Mine That Bird was 6 lengths in front of them.

Latest posts

Back