Justin's update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyn,

Good to see you posting ... and so good that the "H" word is being mentioned ... GOOD LUCK!

Thoughts/prayers coming to Justin for a continued SUCCESSFUL recovery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Lyn!!!

Lyn!!!

What a nice surprise! Glad to see you picked up my slack..........:D Sorry, but we had to go see Sammy Sosa hit his 600th home run last night, and believe it or not, I was actually looking.............everyone was but Katie who could have cared less. :eek: OH, well! I am still truly amazed and thrilled at Justin's progress. Will have to send Katie's artwork to the H address instead cuz it looks like you guys will be sprung soon. Absolutely amazing.STill in our prayers. Love you guys. Hugs. J.

Thought I'd get here bright and early before all the fun for the day starts. It was a nice quiet night, the best kind. We both slept most of it. I don't even do tha at home. Hey Ross maybe i found the trick to the sleep thing, wear yourself out worrying for months, then the relief after a day of surgery and lots of lap walking, I mean who in the heck gets more/better sleep in hospital? but I will be happy to not spend any time here soon :eek:)
Justin is doing so well, I really think he is ding better now than he first couple days at home last surgery.well someone needs their back scratched,
Life really IS good some times , thank you alll for the prayers lyn

Lyn,
I have been praying for y'all and am so pleased to hear how well Justin is doing. He sounds like an awesome young man and one who is truly blessed to have you taking care of him.
Please let him know that a big bald youth minister with a repaired heart is praying for him in Tennessee.

Peace of Christ,
Don

What nice news to wake up to Lynn!:D Thanks for the early update and best wishes for many laps today and home soon. Justin is going to the the Hall of Fame for sure in more than one way and you deserve an extra Mother's Day this year!:)

Hey Lyn!
I was called away from home/computer for a day, but I was anxious to find out how Justin is progressing. I'm so happy to find your positive posts!
Did he get my e-card?

So very glad to read that things are going well.

You know you will see an additional charge on the hospital bill for sleep. Sleep is an extra, and since it's so expensive, most people in the hospital try to do it as little as possible.:D I'm guessing between you and Justin, you just racked up an additional $50,000.

Justin's Home!

Justin's Home!

Just had an email from Lyn, and they have taken Justin home!:)

Thanks Mary, I decided to come share my last update for the day, I am so darn happy

There is NO place like HOME !!!
tHERE IS NO place like HOME!!!!
There is NO Place like Home!!
Yes that is right just about 72 hours after Justin was pulling into the OR for his 5th surgery, Our car was pulling into the street in front of our house!!! Now he is happily kicking back in the recliner with a big dog on either side, feeling grateful. How amazing is he? All those laps around the floor and working on reathing and just being one of the strongest people I know really paid off. Befor we left we had visitors from OHIO, Our firends Meghan came by to visit on their way to their vacation.It was great seeing them again, we met when Meghan was in Philly for her CHD appt a couple years ago. We really are trying to meet somewhere, anywhere that has nothing related to hospitals :)
This stay at CHOP was much better, We had one small disagreement before we left, when one of the doctors thought he shouldn't need pain pills after Monday, butwe came to a happy understanding when I pointed out it would't even be 1 week post op until Tuesday. The new unit is really nice and the nurses Justin had were great. I even told the one he had the past 2 days who was so good, I will write CHOP about the good things, since I was talking to several supervisors over the past few days, about the not happy letters I wrote after his last surgery lol. It's only fair. but hey they did learn how to improve things since i was so "helpful" :) Hopefully it will be well over a decade, before we get to see any more improvements they make.
Well I'm going to go sit w/ Justin , Comet and Zero downstairs in OUR HOME. I still can't believe he had the surgery we have been dreading for months, and not only did great, but has color in his face again and really looks good and "healthy'. I am so Thankful to everyone who has had him in their prayers and everyone that took such great care of him. Now we just have t keep praying a little longer so he doesn't run into any little bumps along the way until he is completely healed. Thank you so much. When Justin is up to it, I'll get him to add some new photos , Lyn

PS I guess the next big adventure can be Justin going to Cooperstown for cal's induction Ceremony., so far it is looking really good for his goal , ...yeah!!!

HOORAY!!! So glad to hear this news, Lyn. We will be rooting for Justin's smooth recovery and a glorious trip to Cooperstown!

Home Sweet Home!!

Home Sweet Home!!

Wow, that is just amazing that Justin is home already! I am so thrilled for you all that things have gone so smoothly & his stay at CHOP was so much better for you all!! Tell him to keep up the good progress but to keep up that hard work he started in the hospital (walking & breathing & eating!):)

Lyn! YAHOO!!!!

Lyn! YAHOO!!!!

I'm still completely amazed. I am just dumbfounded, but completely thrilled for y'all. There IS NO place like home. Much love. J.

first night

first night

Hi I just got up from our first night home. Everything went really well, last night a couple friends stopped by and they watched TV and even wen for a walk. Now remember these kids are 19, so it was pretty impressive to me , when one of his friends (a guy even) offered to carry his Ugly Doll (here's a link so you can picture this http://www.shopatron.com/product/part_number=80051/322.0.18754.0.0.0.0 ) that he uses for his hug pillow for him when they walked around the block, until Justin needed it, lol.
Last night went great, he only woke up once about 3am to go to the bathroom and take a pain med. Oh right now the only meds he is on are the pain one and a baby aspirin and I think he is only on that because I asked if he should and we discussed last time he was on 1 for a couple of months, because the concensus was, it wouldn't hurt and no real side affects, so they said that sounds reasonable and put it in his discharge instructions.
next sched visit is next friday for a chest xray, Well it's been a little over 5 hours i'm going to go give him a pill so he doesn't start to hurt, and don't be surprised if i copy this update and use it in his page at least part of it
thanks again for all the prayers The hall of fame trip is in just about a month, hey I should get shirts made Justin 5 vs OHS 0 Lyn

So glad to hear he had a good night and so many supportive friends, Lyn. A walk outside the first night home- now that's impressive!!

Here is my update from his page , I thought you might like the story :)

Saturday, June 23, 2007 9:38 AM CDT

Hi Our first night home went really well. He had a few friends over and even went for a short walk around the block. Last night he slept great and only really woke up 1 time for meds and to go to the bathroom. Today we are going to watch Scrubs season 3. It's kind of funny, but Justin has started watching Scrubs alot since reruns seem to be on almost 1/2 the day if you find the channels. Anyway the night before surgery he was watching Scrubs, and it was an episode where JD first went to assist w/ surgery, of course it was a heart transplant and he dropped the old one on the floor, then said "well you were done with that anyway right?" So the next morning bright and early we were on the way to CHOP, and Justin said, you know, maybe it wasn't the best idea to watch Scrubs last night, lol. I'll post later tonight to let you know how the first full day at home went. Keep up the prayers, they have been working great so far as you can all see, prayers, Dr.Spray and Justin are a really good Combo.
Love Don, Lyn and Justin
ps Cooperstown is about 1 month from now

gijanet said:
Sorry, but we had to go see Sammy Sosa hit his 600th home run last night, and believe it or not, I was actually looking.............everyone was but Katie who could have cared less.

*raises eyebrow*

You were AT that game against the Cubs? My oh my ... 'tis a small world. No, I wasn't there, but I was watching. Believe it or not, I even "called" it.

*sighs*

And ... Lyn ... SO GOOD that Justin is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Thoughts/prayers coming Justin's way for a CONTINUED SUCCESSFUL recovery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Tell me what you see" ... Bob Carlisle ... 'Getting Stronger'

Lyn,

This is all such great news. Justin is amazing and he is also lucky to have you around to care for him. I hope very soon this surgery is just a distant memory in his wonderful life to come.

There's nothing like the benefit of being young in a case like this.
Glad to hear the good news!:cool:
Debi

Latest posts

Back