Justin's surgery postponed.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lyn, this was all meant to be so I could get my little package sent off to you. It was meant to be a Mommy-emergency fix-up kit and I've been kicking myself for not getting it sent to you yet.

Seriously - sorry it all got messed up. I can really relate to Justin's feelings, not necessarily with the rescheduled surgery, but the feeling that things always seem to go smoothly for the other person.

hugs.

I'm so sorry!

I'm so sorry!

I don't know what else to say but I hope that the surgeon is really well rested and that is why it will be better for Justin. You know you guys are in my prayers.

Thanks, the good news is ....stalling as I look for wood to knock, Justin's sunburn is totally better and so is his awful cold he had the week before, RIGHT this min he is one hundred percent healthy,well beside the altho kind of down, but yesterday Don and him decided since they weren't in the hospital ,they should go to Baltimore for the O's game, they were givng out Cal Ripken Bobble head and now his collection is even better. So now we are the week before surgery count down again, I feel like Nasa , praying for a lift off. I was emailing his aduct chd doc and was saying I HOPE nothing happens to posstpone the 19th or they may need to make a trip to our home to fill our family's water supply w/ meds lol
OH and in the middle of all last weeks "FUN" we found out our newest great nephew MAY have hypoplastic right heart symdrome, They found in in Moms ultrasound, that the right ventricle was much smaller than the left, so if you keep him in your prayers tooo as soon as my boy nephew has a name I'll pass it one, and hope you don;t mind updates since hopefully valves won't be an issue, Lyn

Lyn, at least Justin got to do some fun things while he is waiting. Gosh, just pray that all goes as scheduled now for the 19th! Is he still planning to try for the Hall of Fame trip?

ToFMom said:
Lyn, at least Justin got to do some fun things while he is waiting. Gosh, just pray that all goes as scheduled now for the 19th! Is he still planning to try for the Hall of Fame trip?

Yes as long as he actually has surgery on the 19th, they are planning to go. The ceremony is about 5 weeks postop, so if things go as planned, he can still do it.
right now he is at a free outdoor skateboard/concert type thing at a local mall, with LOTS of sunscreen of course lol, but it is starting to rain and we just had storm advisories on TV, well the good thing is, it is in the mall parking lot, so it will be easy to get out of the rain, just hope it doesn't also get expensive in the mall :)

Lyn.
I was already praying for Justin but when I read your post that he was Scout it made me think of my son. My 13 year old, Alex, is a Scout since Kindergarten. Justin will be in our prayers. I will tell Alex so he can say some prayers for a fellow Scout. My sister's surgery is also on the 19th.

MaryC said:
Lyn.
I was already praying for Justin but when I read your post that he was Scout it made me think of my son. My 13 year old, Alex, is a Scout since Kindergarten. Justin will be in our prayers. I will tell Alex so he can say some prayers for a fellow Scout. My sister's surgery is also on the 19th.

Thnks, he is an Eagle, his big service project was making fleece, hug pillows for the kids after heart surgery at dupont, because he remeberred they didn't have any small pillows when he had his surgery when he was 10, so we ran out and bought a throw pillow, he and his friends made 75 to start with, but they worked so well, we still try to make a batch or 2 a year.
I hope Alex is really enjoying Scouts, Justin did alot of things he really loved, that he never would have had the opportunity if it wasn't for Scouts, lyn

Speaking of Boy Scouts . . . my husband and I had a Cub scout den of five boys--under protest! The last thing I thought I needed was five more boys in a household that contained four anyway!:eek:

Bob and I were their leaders until they moved officially into a Scout Troop. Bob joined the troop as an assistant Scoutmaster along with our son, Mark. Mark stuck with it and became an Eagle Scout at the age of 14. And, out of our den of five boys, three became Eagle Scouts. I've heard that only 2% of Boy Scouts earn their Eagles; I have always taken immense satisfaction that 60% of "our" boys reached their goal, and 100% of "our" boys matured into fine, young men.:)

Sorry Lyn, that I'm highjacking Justin's surgery thread, but I've been thinking about those kids lately, and this seemed like an opportune time to recollect!:)

Back