just got home from surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witzkeyman

wow! what an experience! cathcat=Dr. Giraki from Aventura Medical says I was breathing through a pinhole as a valve, and a leaking one at that. I go upstairs in the stretcher to ICU for pre-op, watch some surgery videos, get familiar with the spiromaeter. the next morning a cool stretecher withe bells and alarms picks me up 5:30 am into a COLD room. COOL! knocked out! wake up, I am told that I had surgery. I told the nurse stop lying, and show me the scar. she asks me if I want something to sleep. I get nauseatious (sp) and she immediately injects me with an anti-nauseau med. I wake up on a bed lying flat. I asked the nurse if I could have something to sleep, she says ok. I ask, what if I get nauseautious, she says well then you get yourself up. BAD BAD EXPERIENCE. asked to sit at a 90 degree angle and refuse the pain med. MY BACK WAS KILLING! 1st morning after surgery, I sit in a recliner all day looking straight, because I couldn't move my head. I had like 20 guests. BAD MISTAKE! anyway, I don't feel normal for at least the third day. after that, I was walking around etc. then my coumadin level went to 4.9. injection of Vitamin K, and my levels were low for 3 more days. finally made it into the therapeutic range, and I'm glad to be back!

I'm glad to read that you're home from your great adventure!;) :p :p

Twenty visitors is about 19 too many-- in my book!

Of course they always say, live and learn!

And that's why we're here . . . to share our collective experiences!:)

Welcome Home!:)

Glad you are home and on this side of the mountain. Keep those visitors at bay at home too- you just need to concentrate on resting, walking and breathing now!

Welcome home! Walk, sleep, eat and breathe! That's if for a few weeks.

Spend some time reading www.warfarinfo.com and here so you know if they are mismanaging your Coumadin or getting it right. The shot of Vit K causes me to mention that. They could have brought you down fairly easily by holding a dose, and then not had to struggle with you being too low. (Unless they saw some bleeding that is.)

If you came home with your spirometer - continue to use it. It will help keep your lungs clear.

Good to hear from you! Did you get the license plate number of the truck that hit you? :D Sounds like you are on the road to recovery now. I was grateful that my visitors mostly phoned instead of came in person at first. Not a great time for chit-chat. Anyway, welcome back!

Glad to hear you're home. Will be watching for additional postings. It's so good to have so many people care about you but you need to take it easy with guests.
Good luck
Earline

Glad that you are on the recovery road!! I agree.. might want to limit the guest till you feel strong enough.
Slow and steady:)

That didn't take long at all

That didn't take long at all

Well, well, well, home again, home again, jiggity jig.

Welcome to this side of the mountain and a speedy recovery.

your home

your home

Glad to hear your home, I just got home a few days ago also, my surgery was a week ago today. About 5 or 6 people had surgery last week, should be lots of new post surgery reports. I had no fun in ICU either, I felt like they had taken to a torture center and were expermenting with me! I was in ICU for 24 hours, once I got up to my room everything got better every day. Now our next challange, work on recovery these next few weeks and get alittle better every day. Good luck Debbie

speedy recovery

speedy recovery

wish you all the speed in your recovery, and may it be un-eventful!

Debbie said:
Glad to hear your home, I just got home a few days ago also, my surgery was a week ago today. About 5 or 6 people had surgery last week, should be lots of new post surgery reports. I had no fun in ICU either, I felt like they had taken to a torture center and were expermenting with me! I was in ICU for 24 hours, once I got up to my room everything got better every day. Now our next challange, work on recovery these next few weeks and get alittle better every day. Good luck Debbie
yeah, just came back from cardio. INR levels at 2.7. have to go back next weeek for another check. nice to be breathing through my nose again. glad you've recovered well. just bought some sort of cushion from relaxtheback.com.

Welcome home

Welcome home

It is good to be back home isn't it! Welcome to this side of the mountain and may your recovery be absolutely uneventful! Walk, breathe, rest; walk, breathe, rest; walk, breathe, rest and be happy!

Latest posts

Back