Jessica's New Heart

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zazzy

Just saw a post on WebMD from Jessica's brother... he says....

"Due to complications during the week Jessica was moved up the list. The possibioity of a new heart came on Friday morning when the beeper beeped, placing us all in a state of chaos. They were flown to the transplant center where they had to wait until it was decided it was hers to receive. Surgery could commenvce a little before 3 (9:00 Eastern time). She came off the heart-and-lung machine at 10:21 (4:21 Eastern) and with the increase in body temperature the new heart began beating at 10:25.

She has just been installed in thoracic intensive care, listed in critical but stable condition.

The thoracic surgeon who carried out the transplant is very hopeful about the outcome although she will be watched closely for signs of rejectionor infection. Time will have to9 tell what will happen next."

This is EXTREMELY GOOD NEWS!!!!!!

I wish Jessica a speedy recovery!

Take care all and have a good weekend,
Zazzy

Zazzy
Thanks so very much for the news on Jessica!! Wow, I was so afraid that we would never know about her, until she recovered! This is great, my prayers will go out to her. Please report anything you find...... how marvelous!

What Great News!

What Great News!

Thank God. I get chills thinking about it. Our prayers are with her, too!

Want to learn more about heart transplants? The following book is one man's story, but it details the countless steps that people like Jessica must endure. Talk about chills!!?

"Life Row, A Case Study of How a Family Can Survive a Medical Crisis"
by Ed Linz

Available on www.amazon.com or at Barnes & Noble.

p.s. pass it on! I have already loaned my copy of his book to a potential heart transplant patient in my area. I have also had the pleasure of communicating via e-mail with the incredible Mr. Linz.

Tears. I recall that post where she was sort of saying goodbye to us and we had tears then, Then her post that she was on 'the list' and we had tears then - I rather think many of us today have tears again. How wonderful for her and her loved ones. This is also a first for us. Thank you ever so much, Zazzy, for letting us know. And to Jessica -we have and are praying hard for you.

WOW!

WOW!

You got it right Hensylee...Tears and a big lump in the throat. God bless you Jessica and thank you, thank you for keeping us up to date Zazzy! We are so fortunate to live in the present where God and medicine can give us miracles like this. God go with you, Jessica. We will be praying for you.

WOW!

WOW!

that is amaizing! I have goose bump! wishing jessica the best in her recocery. Zazzy-thanks for finding the update!
Kym

Prayers Answered

Prayers Answered

Wow - the power of prayer is absolutely amazing. Many best wishes for a steady recovery. There will be nothing speedy about the process, but I hope it will be steady and uphill.

Modern medicine is AMAZING!!

Latest posts

Back