JayTwo post-op recovery and beyond

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To Jake or Jake's mom

To Jake or Jake's mom

I am a VR member and would like to know if Jake has Marfan's syndrome or a variant of it.

Greg

Well Hey there Jake - sounds like you are enjoying this side of the mountain to the fullest. Display your scar/medal of your own personal miracle. What a grand gift for one whose life is still comin down the pike. It is stories like yours that lift us and make us know and appreciate the wonders of modern medicine. Just keep on doing what you are doing - and that math thing.....well, it's just another part of life that we all had to bear. It's really not that bad. God bless

hi tracy!
i was thrilled to read that jake is doing so well. joey also had a ross procedure and is, like jake, doing things he was never able/allowed to do before. he's also running and biking a lot. i joke with him because the only aches and pains he has i attribute to "older age" (lol).
about the scar.... i think i've heard/read that the general rule of thumb for scars (whether chest or face or wherever) is to keep them well protected from the sun (atleast for the first few yrs). plastic surgeons will attest to this too. i know that each time we've gone to warm climates, joey has used zinc (total block) on his scar. i think i read that they heal and disappear more readily when kept out of the sun.
i'm so glad things are going well for jake. he is living the life he should be at his age; good for him.
it was wonderful to hear from you again. come back and visit sometime..best wishes, sylvia

Latest posts

Back