I've got a surgery date!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annie10

I have a surgery date! I am checking in to Cleveland Clinic on April 1, and surgery is scheduled for April 9. I am very relieved, and also very scared. I've not been on a heparin drip before (I used Lovenox for my other surgeries) so can anyone tell me--is it a constant drip, or can I be disconnected part of the time? Also, for any ccf alumns, will my sister be able to stay in the room with me, or should she plan on a hotel room? I am going to reread the threads pertaining to questions for the surgeon, and what to take to the hospital. I have always been told what a good listener I am--that's usually a good thing, but doesn't work well on a forum such as this. I don't post often, but I feel like I'm beginning to know some of you well from reading all your posts. Thank you again for the abundance of information and support on this site--you guys are awesome!

Good news Annie - soon you will be all fixed up.

All the heparin drips I have had were constant but I do not know if anything has changed in the last 12 years. The heparin pump does have a battery backup so you can go for walks but the IV will probably stay in - sorry.

I am sure you will hear from others about your sister so be patient (no pun intended).;) :D ;)

Good Luck!

Good Luck!

My mantra is/are the following words. You...will...be...fine. I say this because I was nervous before my surgery and those words were spoken to me and calmed me greatly. And it was/is true. I came though surgery with great success and now feel great!

So...best wishes to you!

Put you on the calendar for April 9th and sending you best wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery. You are in good hands at Cleveland and I am sure all will be fine.

Annie,

Congratulations on setting the date!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a SUCCESSFUL surgery :).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We got mountains to climb" ... Rod Stewart ... 'Broken Arrow'

Annie,

I don't have answers to the specific questions you asked, but I just wanted to congratulate you on getting the date for surgery and send along the very best wishes as you go forward. Everyone says Cleveland is right up there among the best and I have no reason to disagree.

Cheers,

Thanks everyone for your kind replies. They really mean a lot. I was married when I had my first OHS, and my SO was a godsend! This time I am divorced, and I really miss having someone to share the burden with me. My children have been great, but its just not the same, is it?

Will keep you in my prayers. I had aortic root replacement for an aneurysm done 1/10 at Cleveland Clinic done by Dr. Lytle. He was great as was the staff. You're in great hands!

Me Too, A Surgery Date

Me Too, A Surgery Date

I am having my ascending aortic aneurysm fixed by Dr. Joseph Bavaria at University of Pennsylvania on May 2! My previous posts have been about being an avid tennis player and diver and worrying about recovery to be able to do all that. I have a 19 year old ST Jude aortic valve which may not need replacement now (I hope) and was put in when I was 35 and trying to have babies. Now I'm 54 and beyond the baby years but have a wonderful support system including a new hubby as of Jan 29th 2007 -so I am sending my best wishes to Anita. You will have surgery before me and I will be praying for you too. Thanks to the many people who have given me support in the few weeks since I found this website. I have learned so much here and express my gratitude to the unsung heroes who have shared their expertise.

Latest posts

Back