It's has been 6 months already!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie316

Hello everyone,
January 6th made my 6 month aniversary for my AVR at Beth Isreal hospital in Boston MA. i had my few complications with my right shoulder subluxing during surgery and rehabing for that. I returned to work as an Occupational Therapist September 14 th and reopened my Massage practice in November. I feel so much better since my surgery. I still have pains in my chest occaisonally, my blood pressure is even lower than before surgery now ( my blood pressure was normal before surgery). But I will take it. I never knew I looked as bad as I felt until I returned to work and people were amazed at my skin complexion and finally admitted to me I looked grey for months. I occaisonally get short of breath on my eliptical but not often and am up to 30 minutes my eliptical. My coumadin is finally straightened out and pretty much manage it myself THANK GOD FOR HOME TESTING INR MACHINES! AND HERE IS TOO MANY MORE!!!!:):cool::D

Congrats Jessie, and what a day to have the anniversary, on my birthday! I hope it gets better and better for you!

Congratulations Jessie -- Doesn't it feel wonderful? You sound like you are doing well already. Wait until the next 6 months have passed -- it gets better,
I absolutely love my home tester too,
Dale

Congratulations, Jessie. I too have a lower BP than before my surgery. It is 100/69 while before surgery it was 120/70 and I am accepting it now!

Enjoy your new you in every sense.:)

Congrats Jessie!

PHP:
I never knew I looked as bad as I felt until I returned to work and people were amazed at my skin complexion and finally admitted to me I looked grey for months.

My family and friends said the same thing about me after my surgery. They were afaid that I would get upset.

Karl

It sounds like you're doing really well.

--just a heads up: my blood pressure and heart rate got so low from exercising that I had lightheadedness--cardiologist reduced ace inhibitor dose twice, and stopped Beta blocker.

Latest posts

Back