It's for the Science

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drivetopless

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I am 3 1/2 months post surgery and the scar is very red per normal healing. However, it was feeling pretty "ropey," and my dermatologist promised a wonder cure to flatten/soften the ropiness, speed up the healing and get rid of the redness if I needed it.

So, I took one for the team and had my scar injected with cortizone today. This will reduce redness and soften the scar tissue, per the dermatologist. And insurance covers it.

I go back in 4 weeks for follow up and perhaps for another injection.

I will post before and after pics in a month or two. Stay tuned!

I've also been using a product called ScarguardMD, which contains silicone, vitamin E, and a tiny amount of hydrocortizone. The dermatologist gave it a thumbs up as an effective scar treatment to use.
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=259785&productId=259785&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

Last edited:
Will be interested to see how it works! My scar seems very "ropey". I picked up some Mederma to try on it.

Ok... we're still waiting... grin... how did the cortisone work ? Did you try Mederma.. my scar is abit ropey down at the bottom , not so much at the top... guess that's a good thing . And frankly .. i don't care if it shows... I SURVIVED OHS!!!! and praising God for it.

Latest posts

Back