irish46 AVR w/maze for AFib: October 23, 2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidswife

irish, Wishing you all the best for a successful surgery and a smooth, bump-free recovery. All your friends here at VR will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow. If possible, please have someone post when you are over the mountain. Looking forward to reading your updates!

Nadine:)

Best wishes, indeed. It's a little rough (kinda been there, done that) the first few days, but you'll get through!

Irish46 had her surgery this morning and is in surgical ICU. The surgeon said everything went smoothly. She is having a little difficulty becoming fully awake, but that is kinda normal for her. She wanted me to thank all of you for your support and prayers. She should move to a regular room tomorrow and is expected to go home 3 - 5 days later.

Irish46's hubby, My thanks too!!!!!!

Wonderful news....!!!!! Still gonna say prayers for a continued recovery. You get some rest also...im sure you will need it.

Irish46 had her surgery this morning and is in surgical ICU. The surgeon said everything went smoothly. She is having a little difficulty becoming fully awake, but that is kinda normal for her. She wanted me to thank all of you for your support and prayers. She should move to a regular room tomorrow and is expected to go home 3 - 5 days later.

Irish46's hubby, My thanks too!!!!!!
So very glad to read this good news. Thanks for posting it.

And I don't envy this first night she will spend. Most of us have such dry mouths and the smart ICU nurses will only ration the tiniest amount of ice chips for the patients the first night -- too much water will cause vomiting. I spent nearly every waking moment of the first night arguing and bargaining with my nurse for more ice chips.

And, I wanted my husband with me every possible moment, those post-op hospital days.
Hoping all will continue well for you both :) .

Thanks so much for posting! Thrilled to read the good news. Please give her all of our best wishes for a continued smooth recovery and make sure that you get some rest too so you can help her when she gets home.

Nadine:)

Latest posts

Back