interesting echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadoty1

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I had my one year post op echo done today. I told the ultrasound tech that I had a mechanical aortic valve before she started my echo. So, during my echo she asked me a second time if I had a mechanical valve. I figured she should be able to tell by looking at it on the echo. I have watched many of my echo's and have gotten pretty good at recognizing what I am seeing on them. I couldn't tell which valve was my mechanical and which one wasn't.
When my cardiologist came in to talk with me he said that the On-x valve was unique in that it didn't show a lot of feedback on an echo like other mechanical valves do. I thought that was an interesting fact. He said the valve is smoother functioning than other mech. valves.
Anyways, my checkup went great. For the first time in 10 years I had a good yearly heart checkup. I am so use to them being a downhill slide from year to year that it almost feels unreal.

Congratulations! I know the dread of going to have an echo and the relief when you find out everything is fine. I hope you have many years of great echos.:)

That is good news..im glad everything went well! May you have continued good echos for many years to come.

Wow...interesting facts about the on-x. I wish I had found this site before my surgery so I would have been more informed when I went in!

Mileena

Great news! -- glad you got a good report. I know that echos sometimes can raise stress levels, even without intentionally being a stress test. Hope all your echos are good from now on.

Congratulations on a great report! I just scheduled my yearly echo/cardio visit. My reports have been fine for the past decade but the bad news is that I tend to go back through my copy of the previous year's report and look for problems even when there aren't! I've gotta get out of that habit. :)

Best wishes.

Cheers,
Michelle

Congratulations on a great report! I just scheduled my yearly echo/cardio visit. My reports have been fine for the past decade but the bad news is that I tend to go back through my copy of the previous year's report and look for problems even when there aren't! I've gotta get out of that habit. :)

Best wishes.

Cheers,
Michelle

I chart ALL of the Data and significant comments from each EchoCardiogram on a Spread Sheet. That makes it easy to spot Any Changes, even before they fall outside of the "Normal Limits".

I expect most Cardiologists just look at the Last Echo and think that tells them all they need to know about the condition of your valves. I disagree, after pointing out a definite trend from my own past reports to my cardio.

Latest posts

Back