Intensify prayers for Ross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hang in there!

Hang in there!

Hello, Steve, and thanks for giving us the updates! Please don't be alarmed by your dad's notes. I had a lot of lung / pulmonary problems right after my surgery, and I was also scribbling notes whenever I was lucid enough to do it. "Need tube out" and "how long till tube out." I was so heavily drugged that I remember none of this. I was also "zoned out" as you say, one time writing to my wife, "How big is the wedding going to be?"

Don't be alarmed by the suctioning..that's normal and I got suctioned quite frequently.

I agree with Jennifer, the positive messages will help him subliminally at least, as I got these from my family while I was asleep. When I woke up, I instinctively knew I was OK and had some sense of what I had gone through.

Hang in there!

Steve,

So glad to hear the good news. Your dad is a champion and we are all pulling for him with everything we have.

Be proud Steve, your dad keeps the rest of us going. What an honor to know him.

Walter

AVR 15 Aug

Hi Steve,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Have a bit of advice. See if you can get your dad, when he is in bed to sleep and or rest. Elevate the backside of the bed close to a chair position. Does not sound comfortable, but with the proper amount of pillows I soon became use to it. This helped drastically with my lung function. No fluid build up. They said unremarkable. That was my personal little remedy and it aided in keeping the lungs clear. Still used the Spirometer. Tough pull. Has he been up moving around or at least to the bedside chair? I was so drugged that it took two days to get to the Chair. And another to take a short walk. I don't understand how people pop out of bed the same day? Amazing.

Take care. Keep us posted.

HANG TOUGH ROSS ...

YOU CAN DO IT !!!

See you soon (on the Forum).

'AL'

Steve,

I can tell Ross has a wonderful family and this is hard for all of you. Thank you so much for posting updates..your Dad is well loved here!! Keep up the loving care and each day will be a little better. Tell him we all miss him and are praying for his recovery to move right along with no more bumps! We're all praying for him daily!!! I can tell he's a great guy!

Zipper

Thanks for keeping posted

Thanks for keeping posted

Thanks Steve..You see how much your Dad is loved from these posts and believe me there will be more..maybe you can print off this thread so he will have them to read when he goes to a private room? Will be looking forward to your next post. Bonnie

Dear Steve:

Thanks so much for keeping us informed on yourDad's progress. As others have said, he is highly regarded on this site, as a major supporter of all who enter.

Ross, if you get this message through your son, know that we are all pulling for you, hoping that everything improves quickly! A few surprises were in store, but I think you kinda knew that going in!

Now, take it easy and rest, so that you can get back here in very very short order!

Wayne and Marybeth

HI STEVE AND ALL...

YOUR DAD WILL CONTINUE TO BE IN OUR PRAYERS.....DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE ZONING OUT...I CAN ATTEST THAT TYCE DID IT FOR 2 DAYS POST SURGERY.

JUST BE THERE FOR HIM AND WISH HIM OUR BEST. PLEASE LET HIM KNOW HIS "CYBERBUDDIES" ARE ALL ROOTING FOR HIM AND PRAYING HE GETS RID OF THAT VENT SOON....THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR KEEPING US ALL POSTED. I'M SURE I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ON THIS LIST WHEN I SAY THAT WE'RE ALL THINKING OF AND PRAYING FOR HIM. HE HAS BEEN SUCH A SOURCE OF INSIPIRATION AND ADVICE FOR US ALL, AND I JUST WISH WE COULD DO MORE TO HELP HIM.

WE CHECK THIS LIST OFTEN TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY UPDATES. MATTER OF FACT, LAST NIGHT OUR COMPUTER WENT DOWN BECAUSE OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING STORMS IN THE AREA AND I COULDN'T GET UP ON IT UNTIL THIS MORNING. YOU KNOW VR.COM WAS THE FIRST PLACE I WENT, JUST TO CHECK OUT HOW HE WAS DOING. YOU ARE ALL IN OUR PRAYERS.

EVELYN AND TYCE

Steve - Thanks for keeping us all informed. I think Ross is going through a hard time, but we are all rooting for him. I will surely keep him in my prayers.

I am and have been thinking of you, Ross.

I am and have been thinking of you, Ross.

You get the "honor" of my first post surgery posting. I thought of you so much through my surgery and hospital stay, knowing you were next "in the chute". Monday I woke up thinking of you and wrote about you in my hospital journal that I kept. Since I couldn't get online yet I wanted to feel some connection. I was anxious to get back online and get the update on you.

Sounds like your surgery had some complications as you expected but I (along with so many others) wish for your steady and thorough recovery. Perhaps I sent a bucket of my healing energy your way this morning. (I seem to be down a notch since yesterday.) It's far more comforting to think you might be putting it to good use than that it just disappeared for a moment, so I'll stick with that image!

I'm rooting for you and your family, Ross. Seems like you're one tough guy.

Steve,
I know it is tough having your dad in this situation. My own son had a difficult time when I had my surgery seven weeks ago, and I was totally out of it for 3 whole days. But, today I did 4.0 mph on the treadmill during rehab, and had a couple people ask why I was there since obviously nothing was wrong with me! My point is that, even when things look tough, we human beings can make amazing recoveries (speaking of which, welcome back to JJGO!). Your dad is a tough guy with strong faith, and he has about as much positive energy flowing his way as I can imagine. Thank you so much for taking the time to update us, and tell your dad I'm looking forward to someday taking him flying in my experimental airplane.

Best wishes to you and your family,
--John

Being impatient as I am, I just called Aultman Hospital (about 9:45 pm Ohio time). By some fluke, I got put through to the CCU instead of just "Patient Information." After ascertaining that I was not family, about the only information the nurse would give me is that Ross is doing "okay" but is still in guarded condition and still on the respirator. I told her he had a lot of people worried about him and praying for him and she said "he needs that."

Hopefully we'll hear more details from Steve soon.

Hey Ross

Hey Ross

hey Ross ...my puter has been down and as I'm not working at the moment I've been off line for ages ..but I did know that you were due to be operated on and you were in my thoughts and prayers ..just sorry I couldn't post earlier ...I was also on holiday in Malta and went into a internet cafe just to find out how things had gone for you ...so relieved to see that although you had complications you are still alive and with us ..Well Done Lad !
You must now ,stop the worrying , and just concentrate on getting fully recovered ....just wanted you to know you are in my prayers here ...take care ....we are all pulling for you ....
love Scottie

Hi Steve

Best wishes to your dad for a speedy recovery. He'll feel better once he is able to come off the ventilator. Tell him to keep his spirits up. We're all thinking about him.

Just to clarify for people who are looking for news on Thursday about Ross, Ross' son Steve, also known as Superdragon, has posted an update this morning under a new thread in the Post Surgery forum called "Thursday." Right now we have dual threads going on Ross which is a little confusing, and some of you may have missed this latest update.

Hello Steve,

It sounds like your dad is having a pretty tough time of it.

I remember when I was having an infected cyst cut out and the nurse held my hand as the surgeon began cutting. I later asked her if that was to reassure me or to keep me from hitting the surgeon. She replied, "a little of both". :)

My point is that sometimes, TOUCH is more soothing than words. Maybe you could help calm your dad by holding his hand or placing your hand on his arm or shoulder.

Secondly, as others have already expressed, I wonder why the anesthesologist has not sedated him. Johnny Stephens was on a respirator for 8 days because of drainage difficulties and they put him under to keep him calm and save him from unpleasant memories. Perhaps it's time for someone in the family to speak up to one of the Doctor's about this option. It's worth exploring.

Best wishes to all of you as you struggle through this ordeal.

'AL'

Latest posts

Back