INRatio ?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I have had my new INRation machine for about 10 days or so. The first test I did came back 3.5
They second test I did is a little strange. I did the test with my left hand and it came back 4.9
I then thought that seemed way too high and I took it again in my right hand and it came back 3.5
My doctor called me today and wanted me to take a home test. I took it in my left hand and it was 4.2 then I took it in my right hand and it was 3.1
I am now getting a little confused. Is it something I'm doing or what? My doc wants me to come in tomorrow and have a lab draw and also do one with my machine. He wants them done on the left side. Is there any reason why there would be such a large gap between left and right? I'm just feeling like when I do a test on my INRatio that I have to do it again to make sure it is right. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

Take Care!
Gail

Are you left handed or right handed? Are you sure your allowing the alcohol to dry completely and not sucking some of it into the channels?

Be ware, your doctor may consider it inaccurate if it doesn't match the lab draw and it's not going too. You cannot compare the two and get the same results. It should be within .5 though.

Hi Ross!

Hi Ross!

I am right handed.
The first time I had the result of 4.9 I don't think I let the alcohol dry enough. When I did it today I thought I did and it came back 4.2 in the left and 3.5 in the right.
My doc used to use this machine in his office. On average he used to tell me that the machine would be off from the lab approx .3 to .5 and he was fine with that.
Once his machine broke he never replaced it because it is so expensive.
When I had my training over the phone the nurse told me that I need to let the alcohol dry and that after I wipe with the alcohol I should wipe over it with gauze. I then prick my finger and then wipe away the first drop of blood and use the second on the test strip.
Lately I have been having a harder time getting the right amount of blood to do the test.
Well, I guess I'll just see how the tests turn out tomorrow.

Thanks and Take Care!
Gail

FWIW, I don't use alcohol. I just wash my hands well, rinse well and dry and use a clean lancett.

Latest posts

Back