INRATIO test strips

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Gosouthernmd.com now has inratio test strips back up on their web site. Alere sent me a Coaguchek machiine that is defective. Getting readings of 5.2-5.7 yet ran a test on my INRATIO 1 and came out 2.8, then went to the lab and got a reading of 3.3. Called Roche today they are sending out a new machine, however I think I am going to go back and order the inratio strips from southernmd as I trust the inratio over the coaguchek.

I'm wondering if your machine is set-up properly. If your Coaguchek is set on "%Q" or "SEC" you might get a different readings as I am not sure what these other two setting's really do.
Just a thought.

The Inratio strips do seem to be returning to the online marketplace. Prices are higher than they were before the recall but actually appear to be pretty comparable to the Coaguchek strips. I had been expecting that when my last batch of strips ran out that I would be shopping for a Coaguchek, but since the Inratio strips were available, I bought a 48 pack through ebay and will hang on to the machine for another year anyway. Unlike the experience of some on the board, my Inratio has always been very accurate when compared to lab draws, so I am pretty confident in continuing with it.

I kept my InRatio in hopes that the strips would again become available. My InRatio was much more accurate than my Coagucheck XS, but the newest strips I got a couple months ago are better, but still not as good as the worst lot of strips from my InRatio.

I just did another comparison test this morning, and I do both tests within a half an hour, and normally within 15 minutes.

Back