Inratio/hemosense

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVELYN

Hi All

Just wondering who owns an inratio by Hemosense and what do you think about it. Our cardio just bought a few for his coumadin clinic and we're thinking of purchasing one just because of the Coaguchek debacle and lack of strips.....I definitely want to be in control of Tyce's coumadin, and really hate him having to go to the clinic every week or three.....would much rather do it at home weekly.

So, ya'll.....any information you can give us would be appreciated.

Evelyn

Two Thumbs up here for INRATIO. Works great, easy to operate, matches blood draw very accurately, usely about .3 higher than blood draw.

P.S. Evelyn, How was your stay in Orlando? Did you end up using the coumadin clinic I referred you to?

Hi Randy

Had a wonderful stay in Fla.....Disney was AWESOME!!! Plan on coming down next year about the same time.....maybe we can all meet!! Did hook up with a clinic near Tampa, not the one you recommended, and then another in Virginia. Many won't take anyone but their own patients, so we had a bit of a search. Finally got a script from our cardio and were fine.

Thanks for the info about the INRatio....seriously thinking about getting one for Tyce. That way IF Coaguchek comes out with those darned strips again, we'll have a cross reference.

Ev

Hi Ev,

Working on obtaining an INratio. The insurance process is really really slow. Lots of paperwork. Really hope to get it pushed though before the end of the year.

Roche still have no idea when the strips will be available. I am certain at this rate I will have my INratio before the release. Not going to chuck my old unit. Will have both...just in case this happens to one or the other again!

I have had the INRatio for almost 2 years and love it. It is simple to use, very portable and very accurate.

Thanks, Guys.....

My sentiments exactly, Gina....that way we'll have two. It's a good thing we're not planning on traveling till the spring.....what a royal pain with Roche. I called this past week and the guy who answered (Joseph, I believe) said..."Please don't shoot the messenger!" He said he saw on his 'puter screen that I had called three times....YEP, he's right, and I'm going to keep calling till they get them shipped out. He also said that HE asks them every morning if there's any news when they'll be shipped out and his answer is "No, not yet, we'll let you know!"......Just unbelievable!

Thanks, all......Iris, from QAS has sent me the paperwork. When we get it, we'll start that procedure all over again......uuuuuggggghhhhhh!!!

Happy Turkey day, all!!

Rossman, hope all is better with Chris.

Evelyn

INRATIO by Hemosense currently "state of the art". On-board controls and isi of 1 as good as you can get right now! They also have 24-7 tech support.

I'm in the process of getting one too. Yeah, lots of paperwork. MY cardio agreed in Sept, to hometesting and I will be their first patient to do that. I had finally got the paperwork started a few weeks ago. When I went for my last INR test at my cardio's office, they too had purchased an INRatio! They had Coagucheck before. I thought they purchased the INRatio so that our machines would be the same until I talked to Gina about the strips being a problem fro the Coagucheck. Still at least our machines will be the same when I home test and I have to tell them my results. I tried the INatio at our '05 reunion and loved it. Looking forward to testing at home!

hi i have one, and it takes a little getting used to. i have to have a BIG drop of blood and it has to hit the strip just right or it won't travel up far enough. i've wasted about four strips so far.

but...it seems accurate so far. good luck! it takes time with insurance.

temp69 said:
hi i have one, and it takes a little getting used to. i have to have a BIG drop of blood and it has to hit the strip just right or it won't travel up far enough. i've wasted about four strips so far.

but...it seems accurate so far. good luck! it takes time with insurance.

Are you actually having the blood drop on to the lighted well from "space"? I just get a drop of blood hanging a bit from my finger and touch the drop to the well and it goes right on. I have yet to have a failed strip with that method (36 tests done). My INRatio requires much less blood than my ProTime did, so we are probably thinking different things when we think "big".

Some INRatio users here use capillary tubes to collect the blood and drop it in the well. (Geebee and Ross do, I think) Ask them about where they get them.

Latest posts

Back