INR Yikes!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnusgal

For the last several weeks I've been fairly consistant with my INR levels (2.7-2.8) but I just finished testing and I'm at 1.8! I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with it, but I had a little bit of broccoli last night, thinking that it was about time I had a bit of vit. K. Guess I was wrong. And I guess I can't have the left overs for lunch today as I'd planned... I wonder what I did different, or if it has to do with the rain we've had this week...

I think we're all going through some sort of INR phase. You, Gina, me and I'm sure others, are coming up either too high or too low and we haven't really done anything different. Rains dog must be digging in the flower beds again. That's the only logical solution here. :)

Rather than avoid Vit K completely, I try to eat something green every day. As they say, consistency is the key.

'AL'

Vit. K

Vit. K

I don't avoid vit. K unless my INR goes too low like it did today. I don't eat it every day, but I'm consistant about the ammount per week. As a matter of fact, the reason I had the broccoli yesterday was because I hadn't had much vit K yet this week. But when I see that my INR is 1.8, when it's supposed to be 2.5-3.5 I know I'm not going to do anything to make it lower, like eat the leftover broccoli. I really haven't changed a whole lot about my diet since starting on coumadin, I'm just more aware of when I eat certain things and when I should spread out certain meals instead of having them back to back... Does that make sense?

Anyway, I called my card and she suggested to bump up to 10 mg and test again in a couple of days. That's what I'd planned to do anyway. Guess I need to go call QAS for more supplies... Gee I seem to be going through them fast. Of course, the Feb. fiasco didn't help matters. ;)

I have been bouncing around the last month or so also. I was at a consistant 2.8 for 3 months. then all of a sudden, 4.9, then 2.1, then leveled off for a few weeks at 2.8, then 4.1.
How does that go, I young mans' fancy turns to girls in the spring.
Well, it's spring, i really love my wife, ohhhhhhh. I'm a not so young man anymore.
has to be the crab apple trees, or the after softball game analysis discussions. Hey wait a minute.....................

carbo

Latest posts

Back