Inr Up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie girl

Ten days ago my INR was 2.4 (taking 4.5mg a day) and then I had the pleasure (haha) of adding bp meds and lipitor to my daily routine, three days ago I was tested and my INR was 4.0 so I was retested today and it was 4.9. Is this a normal jump after adding these meds? My gp has told me to hold tonights dose and then take 4mg for the next two days and get retested again on monday. Thanks in advance

Mary

aussie girl said:
Ten days ago my INR was 2.4 (taking 4.5mg a day) and then I had the pleasure (haha) of adding bp meds and lipitor to my daily routine, three days ago I was tested and my INR was 4.0 so I was retested today and it was 4.9. Is this a normal jump after adding these meds? My gp has told me to hold tonights dose and then take 4mg for the next two days and get retested again on monday. Thanks in advance

Mary

I think if it were me I would just take 4.0 a day and test in a week. I really don't like holding or making changes that would "rock the boat" so to speak. What he suggested is probably fine but I don't know how much value it would be to check in 3 days since your body hasn't had an enough time to adjust to the new dose. I would think rechecking in a week would be better. Just my opinion of course.

bvdr said:
I think if it were me I would just take 4.0 a day and test in a week. I really don't like holding or making changes that would "rock the boat" so to speak. What he suggested is probably fine but I don't know how much value it would be to check in 3 days since your body hasn't had an enough time to adjust to the new dose. I would think rechecking in a week would be better. Just my opinion of course.

I agree. I'm against holding doses for anything less than 5.0 and with my dose, I don't hold for anything less than 6.0. It's like throwing the car into neutral to slow down, rather than just letting up on the gas.

I agree with Betty's suggestion - go to 4 and check in a week.

I also think that holding a dose is sometimes too drastic; reducing doses works more smoothly.
Once I had a 4.1 reading and I just reduced one dose since I am very sensitive to changes.

I agree with those who suggest a retest in a week...you can have it tested on Monday but I wouldnt be changing my dose based on that info...I would just use it to see that my INR is indeed going down.
I remember reading that Lipitor (and other Statins) can raise your INR just a bit...I dropped my weekly dose by 5% and found that was just enough to get me nicely in-range. Like others I dont like to make big changes with the dosing.

Well, Ton, I'm gonna take a page out of your book with this.

I, too, have gone into the low 4s since adding Lipitor. I'm going to shave off the 5% and see where I am in a week.

How did this work for you?

Jerry

Latest posts

Back