INR too low errror message

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ccrawford

I used my Protime yesterday to do my monthly test. The first time I tried it I got an "INR too low, try again and if 2nd test repeats this see your doc immediately." message. I tried it again and it worked fine. I'm curious, what is the cause of this message ? Is there anything I can do to prevent it in the future ? Is it due to a faulty cuvette ? Would appreciate hearing from QAS

QAS

QAS

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem. Please call our technical support because they will need to do a "work ticket", and can also better advise you how to prevent future problems. Call 800-298-4515 ext 2006 tomorrow. Thanks,

Lance
QAS

Hi Chris

We had the same thing happen once after coming back from a vacation......needless to say, it's a bit scary!!! We repeated the test with new equipment, and everything was fine. I guess it's just a foul up, sometimes!!! I called QAS and they said they would replace our cuvettes and drawer, but we never followed though with it....They're very good about credits, etc.

Evelyn

Hello Chris,

I had that happen one time about 2 months ago. I always have a second couvette ready when i test, and I tested again. It worked fine with that one. I just figured I had a bad cuvette.

At first that message scared the hell outta me, glad the second test was back to reading properly. I do think that if I get this message again I will contact QAS and have the unit serviced. I have been testing weekly now for almost 3 years.

Hopefully your Protime unit will be OK.

Rob

ps .. If something is found wrong with it, please post the issue for us to learn from,

I called QAS and got a very nice service technician. She asked me all about my technique. Did i wipe the alcohol off the finger ? Did I wipe away the first drop of blood and use the second one ? Did I get a large drop the first time or did I need two drops to fill the cuvette ? My answer to all of these was yes. I still don't really know what went wrong. She did ask for the batch # of the cuvettes and asked that I call back next time I test. (I have to test again next week because I had a 4.4 INR) I didn't ask for a replacement cuvette and none was offered. Still a mystery to me.
Chris

Latest posts

Back