INR Level going up thank goodness

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tex

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all your advice reguarding my low INR level, on friday i wrote asking advice because my INR level was 1.1 and they hadnt given me the injections because there was nobody there to prescribe them. Well its now going up I did take more than they had prescribe after listen to you guys. I went yesterday and it had gone up to 1.7, i have to go back friday the dose they have prescribe is 12, 11, 12 11. Does this sound ok to get my levels up, i trust you guys more than the hospital.
Thanks for your help
Jane

It's hard to say. It sounds right, but until they get a base stable point and stop testing every four days, we may never know. They need to leave you on one single dose and give it a full week, then test. From there, then we can tell whether it needs to be adjusted up or down. ;)

It's hard to say. It sounds right, but until they get a base stable point and stop testing every four days, we may never know. They need to leave you on one single dose and give it a full week, then test. From there, then we can tell whether it needs to be adjusted up or down. ;)

Tex, I fully agree with Ross. You are trending "up" which is good, but you will not get off the yo-yo until you go longer between tests. That will allow the dosage changes enough time to have a measurable effect.

Back