INR kit at home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojofromct

So, I was talking to my mom earlier and they are interested in getting my dad a . Once he is theraputic again (still not where he should be yet) they want to do the tests at home.

How much does this cost? I dont think insurance covers it right?

I might buy it for them. Can you give me some help?

JoJo

You can get prices from QAS (sponsor of VR.com).

SOME insurance companies will pay (or partially) pay for a Home INR Test instrument.

Medicare endorses Home Testing.

'AL Capshaw'

Check with Tapestry Medical, 1-925-373-4229. They were out of network for my United Healthcare plan but they contacted United and my insurance granted the exception to pay network benefits for an out of network provider, UHC paid 80% after deductable, including 5 boxes of strips (6 in each box, $540) the monitor was about $2,500.

Check with Tapestry Medical, 1-925-373-4229. They were out of network for my United Healthcare plan but they contacted United and my insurance granted the exception to pay network benefits for an out of network provider, UHC paid 80% after deductable, including 5 boxes of strips (6 in each box, $540) the monitor was about $2,500.

30 strips for $540??? Or was $540 your share (20% plus deductible)?
What monitor did you get?

Well, do you remember my story?? The in-network provider that QAS found for me when my Protime was replaced with the INRatio. ~$5500 for the monitor and $356 for a box of 12 strips. Still makes me angry today. I refused to pay the 10% copay for that and they reduced it to 10% of QAS's actual costs. I called BC/BS - their only response was "That's the contract we have worked out with Orsini." I called Hemosense and the president of the company called me, very interested in the huge mark-up. I never heard anything again.

And we wonder why insurance costs are so high.

Sorry for the hijack.

30 strips for $540??? Or was $540 your share (20% plus deductible)?
What monitor did you get?

This was Jan, 2008. I found the original invoice, they charged $2315 for the monitor, Coagucheck XS, 6 boxes of 6 strips at $89.95 a box, $539.70. Total invoice $2854.70, my portion was $683.20.

If you all know a cheaper place I can get my strips and insurance to pay, I'd like to know.

I re-ordered 6 boxes of strips this past October, my portion was $80.95. Still a bargain when I don't have to pay all of it.

Well, do you remember my story?? The in-network provider that QAS found for me when my Protime was replaced with the INRatio. ~$5500 for the monitor and $356 for a box of 12 strips. Still makes me angry today. I refused to pay the 10% copay for that and they reduced it to 10% of QAS's actual costs. I called BC/BS - their only response was "That's the contract we have worked out with Orsini." I called Hemosense and the president of the company called me, very interested in the huge mark-up. I never heard anything again.

And we wonder why insurance costs are so high.

Sorry for the hijack.

Tapestry is the only vendor you can get the Coagucheck XS. My in-network providers did not carry or have a contract with the manufacturer. Talk about a monopoly.

Tapestry is the only vendor you can get the Coagucheck XS. My in-network providers did not carry or have a contract with the manufacturer. Talk about a monopoly.

I'd be calling my states insurance board about that. File a complaint and make a lot of noise. Especially now that the depression is beginning full swing. I'm sure a little publicity would be enough to damper these insanely overcharged prices. I'm sure our Government would like to know about how the consumer is being ripped off, because they are being ripped off too.

Latest posts

Back