Incision Site Has Discharge.. Help!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really getting discouraged. The yellowish discharge seems to be gone, but now the little purple spots have released blood; I'm sure they were broken capillaries as GymGuy stated. The area that was leaking the fluid is now leaking blood. It scabbed over yesterday and my gauze dressing removed the scar over night, so now it looks like a small *crater* in my scar.

Did anyone else experience this? I don't know what to do. The blood tests and CT scan came back normal.
Yes, I had one small spot where the scar opened up and some blood came out. I called my office and they said it happens and were not concerned. It started to heal a few days later and never became a problem. Call the office and let them know, although I see it's 3 days later now - how's it doing?

It's doing pretty good. No leakage for 2 days and the scar seems to be lightening up; it is probably losing some of its inflammation. Thanks for all the support!

Reactions: Amy

Latest posts

Back