I'm tired all the time, could it be from the Coumadin?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi folks,
I'm 37 years old, have had two aortic valve replacements and am on Coumadin for my aortic valve. I am just wondering if anyone else in my position feels like complete crap all the time. I'm always tired. I just feel like sleeping. I try to make myself exercise, but half the time I'm just too tired to do it.
I'm not anemic, I'm on some herbs for Thyroid support, I eat a healthy diet. Could it just be the Coumadin that is making me tired?

Hi

well that's not good at all. To me it could be an indicator that something else is amiss ... it could even be a sign of depression. On the list of things to consider warfarin would be almost at the bottom ...

It may be a good time to discuss this with your GP

I've been dealing with the same problem and am sure its the metoprolol. Feeling tired makes exercise tough to even think about but I find that the more I do activity wise throughout the day the better I feel. Not sure if you take a beta blocker but if you do that may be what's dragging you down.

Feeling sluggish? Want more energy to get through the day? Try drinking Energy drink from It Works. It helps support the body's ability to sustain natural energy levels. You can also try the Greens - it is for energizing, detoxifying, and alkalizing. It's made from fruits and vegetables. But you cannot take it 3 to 4 hours before bedtime - you can't maybe go to sleep. Best to take is in the morning.

You can visit this website: http://www.wrapwithga.myitworks.com

But since you are taking Coumadin, try to consult your doctor first. I am taking Jantoven too and am using this.

If you are on metoprolol, yes that can make you feel sluggish, if you're having problems with a thyroid as you indicated that too can make you feel tired.
I'm guessing it's your thyroid and you best see your doctor - the supplements you are taking are not working.

Latest posts

Back