I'm so excited!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats awesome. I recieved my very own home INR testing machine a year ago and I love it.

Mine has been approved by my insurance late December...then my cardio wanted to deal with "Phillips" which I just found out they want to lend the machine to me!!! and every year I have to meet the $1200 out of pocket before they keep the service for me...they are out of network, they cannot sell it...excuse me! this will mean that I would have paid 12000 for their services in ten years?!! why would I want that and why did not they tell me since late Dec.? anyhow, I shall deal with this.
So, I contacted my insurance and now we will see which approach to take.

So, I do not think I will get mine before you do.
Eva - if your out of pocket is going to be 1200/year, check out this. http://www.claflinequip.com/ProductDetail/?productid=2428

One of our members buys her strips from this company and I couldn't believe it when I saw the cost of the machine. For less than $765 you'll have a machine that will last you at least 4 years.

I certainly agree with Karlynn

I certainly agree with Karlynn

Eva:

In September 2007, Al and I got our second INR monitor. We had the ProTime Microcoagulation System for seven years and it was time to replace it. We went with the INRatio. Best decision we ever made. Since we both test, we need a monitor that could stand up to frequency.

The INRatio is the monitor that our doctor's office uses. He tests people daily and had had no concerns with his monitor for a very long time.

Since we did not want to be involved with Medicare and problems with calling in results and the like, we chose to pay the expense from our own pockets. Best decision we have made in a long time.

Now that members here have found places where INR monitors are available for reasonable amounts, I certainly do recommend that anyone who can deal with this out of pocket expense do so.

I know it sounds like alot of money, but the peace of mind is well worth it.

Blanche

Mine has been approved by my insurance late December...then my cardio wanted to deal with "Phillips" which I just found out they want to lend the machine to me!!! and every year I have to meet the $1200 out of pocket before they keep the service for me...they are out of network, they cannot sell it...excuse me! this will mean that I would have paid 12000 for their services in ten years?!! why would I want that and why did not they tell me since late Dec.? anyhow, I shall deal with this.
So, I contacted my insurance and now we will see which approach to take.

Eva:

I wonder how much $$ an insurance carrier would be shelling out in a year's time vs. your out-of-pocket expense on renting an INR machine?
My curiosity is because when my husband got his first CPAP machine, he had to rent it. Changed insurance carriers & the vendor wasn't in network, so he had to return the machine & start over with another vendor. Then his insurance company decided he was on a CPAP machine for the long haul and they bought it (John did have to cough up a co-pay).

Don't know if that scenario would occur with an INR machine rental, but ... all of us with mechanical valves are certainly in for the long haul with INR tests.

Wonder if your cardio wants you to use Phillips because you'd be calling in your INRs to Phillips(seems that's part of their deal)?
My PCP's practice refers Coumadin patients to QAS. I don't know how many patients are home testing, because it's a multi-physician practice.

Latest posts

Back