I'm so excited!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CThrock

Well, I just got approved today for my very own INR machine.:cool: The insurance will be paying 100% and that includes all the strips needed.
I'm so happy to not have to be poked another time at the Lab.:eek: They send someone out to my house to train me on the INR machine and also leave me instructions in case I have any problems. They said it was pretty easy I should'nt have any problems.:confused: I'm still a little scared but I know I can turn to several of you if I have any questions.:)
I can't wait till I get it!!!!!:D:D

Just pick up the phone

Just pick up the phone

Crystal:
Happy, happy days are here to stay now that you have your own home tester. You know that Al and I both test and he has been doing it since 2001

If you would like some advice or assistance, just drop us a call. Albert sends his regards and says...."Go for it, woman.

We are here for you,
Blanche

PS, if you really would like some help, you are not more than an hour from us...Call

Crystal, i'm so happy for you!!!!! you'll love it forever.:)

zipper2 (DEB)

Oh how I wish I could get my hands on a home monitor after today's blood draw - I had tears in my eyes to hurt so much and came home feeling sick to my stomach.
My story is long about obtaining a home monitor, but I still send you my Congrats to you Crystal - maybe in March I'll get my own.........and trust me you'll all hear about it ;)

Happy finger picking :)

Oh how I wish I could get my hands on a home monitor after today's blood draw - I had tears in my eyes to hurt so much and came home feeling sick to my stomach.
My story is long about obtaining a home monitor, but I still send you my Congrats to you Crystal - maybe in March I'll get my own.........and trust me you'll all hear about it ;)

ahhhhh Freddie i always feel bad for you,come see my Doc
he will give you a percription.:( sorry for highjacking post Crystal.

zipper2 (DEB)

That is such good news Crystal! :) You will love the freedom & convenience you'll have with your new home monitor. I don't know how I managed to go so many years without one but now that I have mine, I wouldn't give it up for the world!! :)

Congrats!

Eva, I phone for my result after 3 hours of the blood draw.......2.6 today. Guess I had a tiny bit too much broccoli last night. :)
Sorry Crystal.

Sorry again Crystal,

Freddie, I phoned twice and they said they would call me back...no one called. Mine has been stuck on 2.6 for the several weeks. I am curious what it will be tomorrow.

There are a couple of things you can do to minimize such problems with needle sticks.

First, ask them to use the Smallest Needle they have.
I always ask them to use a Butterfly Needle which is very tiny.
You may get some resistance because the Butterfly Needle is more expensive.

Second, you can ask them to 'move around' and use various sites so that you don't 'overwork' the veins opposite from your elbow. If you have prominent veins in your Hands, they should NEVER Miss. Some people are more sensitive in the hands. (I actually prefer the hand veins... no one ever misses and others are 'overworked'... and I do NOT find them to be 'uncomfortable'... a Butterfly to the hand veins is like a Mosquito Bite)

First, ask them to use the Smallest Needle they have.
I always ask them to use a Butterfly Needle which is very tiny.
You may get some resistance because the Butterfly Needle is more expensive.

If they insist on using a larger needle, make sure they use one with the black cap. It's just about the same size as a butterfly needle.

Congratulations! You will never ever go back to the old testing..... voluntarily.

That is great! 100% coverage is amazing, I hope I am that lucky. I thought I was approved, but turns out my stuff is still processing so I am still waiting to hear what my coverage will be. Which company did you get it from?

Thanks you guys!!! I should be getting it any day.
Freddie,I ask the Lab to use a butterfly everytime I had to have my blood drawn. But, still left bruises on my arm.:( I hope my fingers don't bruise up. Is there any thing I need to do besides rubbing my finger before poke?
Halleyg, the medical suppy is called Edge Park Medical Suppies, but also dealing with QAS the web site is www.PTINR.com don't really know what brand it is or to much about the companies, just know the insurance United Health with the Railroad is taking care of it. Hope that helps you.
Well I probaly need some help getting used to it. But as Freddie was tired of the Lab.:rolleyes: I'll let you know when I get it. I'll be the one with the healed arm and the BIG smile.:)

Man, I'm jealous. 100% paid with United Health--must be the railroad deal. I have United Health, and I paid $50/month until Raytel monkied up my insurance claims, then they wanted $248/month and I just went out and bought my own. You are about $3,000 ahead of me!
Congrats!

Crystal,

I am curious to hear an update on your INR home machine and how you are enjoying it.:)

I was supposed to have received mine, but these selling companies' beauraucrcies are awful and time wasting.

Share with us your experience.

Sorry Eva no news hear yet either. I called last week and they said they should be getting it soon. I guess all these companies are at turtle pace. :( Will let you know as soon as I get it. :) You better not get yours first.:eek: I have to go get my INR check this coming Monday.:( not thrilled to say the least.

Sorry Eva no news hear yet either. I called last week and they said they should be getting it soon. I guess all these companies are at turtle pace. :( Will let you know as soon as I get it. :) You better not get yours first.:eek: I have to go get my INR check this coming Monday.:( not thrilled to say the least.

Come to me, I'll check it for you. :cool:

Mine has been approved by my insurance late December...then my cardio wanted to deal with "Phillips" which I just found out they want to lend the machine to me!!! and every year I have to meet the $1200 out of pocket before they keep the service for me...they are out of network, they cannot sell it...excuse me! this will mean that I would have paid 12000 for their services in ten years?!! why would I want that and why did not they tell me since late Dec.? anyhow, I shall deal with this.
So, I contacted my insurance and now we will see which approach to take.

So, I do not think I will get mine before you do.

Back