I'm packing my Jammies...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussigal

Goodmorning everyone...

Today is it...my last day at home as the old-me.:D

At 2pm I check into "The Mount" for my trip over the mountain.

I have done everything I am sposed to have done except pack my bag which is a job I saved for today.

This afternoon I get to meet the team that will be caring for me while I am away from home. I will also find out what time Thursday my Op is...as in where I am on "the list" , hopefully I am first and will be all-done by lunchtime and drugged-up in ICU enjoying LaLaLand. So you guys should probably have news by the time you wake-up Thursday morning..see I made it easy for you!

I got a chance last-nite to give Marguerite a cyber-hug before she headed off for her OP at 4am her time too, that was great !...

My mum is on duty now and will be posting with the help of my son Ben who is a computer genius. Mum is taking the camera so you may get a before & after piccy as well.

Ok my friends...thank you all so very very much for everything. The support , the knowledge, the laughs and the sharing of everything that comes with the hand we have been dealt . I am totally relaxed and still excited and have no intention of skipping the country...I cant wait to wake up and hear my valve ticking away...its driving me crazy that I will be the last person to find out how I went!:D ...thats also why mum is going to take photos so I can see the evidence for myself!

Rightio...
so-far we have had a busy April with lots of boring surgeries...
I will be ordering one of those as well...

see you all on the other side of the mountain peoples!

God Bless and take care while I am away

love and hugs
ton

So I'm going to get to see you looking like a Squid? I think everyone will be shocked and opt not to take that picture, but we'll see. I feel like I've watched you growing up and going forth. Sorry, I get a little sentimental with people like you. :)

Ton,
Enjoy your last day. I remember when we left the house, I wondered if I would ever see it again.
And of course I did! But it seemed like I had been gone an eternity.
Savor your remaining time.
Mary:)

Boring surgery order noted and turned in. It is definitely on the menu for April and there is still some left. No tipping required.
Seriously - sending prayers and hugs out for you. Sleep well and see you on the other side.

Go get 'em, Aussigal!

But let's keep those surgeries and recoveries boring. Remember, you should have nice Autumn days to walk in after, with a bit less heat to endure.

My thoughts will be with you.

Very best wishes,

ton,

Prayers and good thoughts are coming your way from "Up Here" (is that the correct opposite of "Down Under"?????:confused: :confused: ) and, with all the communication coming from us, "Up There" as well.:D :D :D

Looking forward to your posts from the other side of the mountain.

May God Bless,

Danny:) :) :) :)

I reckon you're sleepin away just now in your jammies. We'll all be sittin on edge til we hear from your mum and your little boy. Watch out for the truck - and sail right on over. GODSPEED!

Bye bye bad parts. Hello good parts..!!

I know you'll be fine, Ton. Just relax and trust the experts.

See you after you've crested the top.

Jerry

Yep - keep that attitude going all the way to la-la-ville

AND stay ahead with the pain-killers

BETTER LIVING THROUGH CHEMISTRY

God speed Tonia

aussigal said:

At 2pm I check into "The Mount" for my trip over the mountain.

This afternoon I get to meet the team that will be caring for me while I am away from home.

Tonia

I, for one, can vouch for the good people at "The Mount"! I'm sure you will be wearing out the carpet doing your "corridor laps" in no time, hugging your rolled up towel for when you cough and sneeze (but limit that if you can:) ) and blowing down that spirometer (?) trying to keep those three balls in the air.

Best of luck.

Regards

Russell

Be thinking of you and waiting for the update after your done.

One of the things I have already stressed to my wife is she MUST take pictures of me as soon as she can after the surgery, I need to see how I look so I can believe it (and look back at it if I ever start to get annoyed about coumadin or other stuff).

You do realize that you will have to post that picture right???:D

Thinking of you!

Thinking of you!

Dear Tonia, I've been thinking of you a lot these past few days. I got your long E-mail and well, just think: you'll have made it to the other side of the mountain long before I make it to the other side of the Big Blue Ocean and I'll be only six hours away from you by plane. I wish I could fly to Australia to see you but I doubt it will be possible though. If I could just take the bus instead, it would be much cheaper and better!! LOL!! Anyway, we'll be able to chat soon as I'll be allowed to use Wendy's computer while I'm there and with one good advantage, not much time difference. LOL!! For the time being, I want to wish you all the luck in the world for the 20th and will be looking forward to hearing the good news!! Keep on feeling relaxed and believe that everything will be just fine and you'll do great.
Lots of hugs from your Brazilian friend,
Débora

All the Best

All the Best

Toni,

All the best from another aussie - my wishes are going over the water to WA to you right now!! Will be thinking of you throughtout your journey over the mountain and waiting to hear about your boring but successful surgery. :)

P.S. For those wanting to know the time difference - this post is at 11.30am Wednesday by W.A. (Australian) time - so Toni is going in to hospital 2 and a half hours from now.

Hi Tonia

Hi Tonia

Wishing you all the very best for your surgery, we are all thinking of you and send our love and very best wishes.
Thanks for the email.
Looking forward to hearing how well it all went!!
Lots of Love
Wendy & Family :) :) :)

mntbiker said:
Be thinking of you and waiting for the update after your done.

One of the things I have already stressed to my wife is she MUST take pictures of me as soon as she can after the surgery, I need to see how I look so I can believe it (and look back at it if I ever start to get annoyed about coumadin or other stuff).

You do realize that you will have to post that picture right???:D
I don't know about pictures. I still bust out in tears when I see some of them. This is a most humbling experience for anyone to go through.

Ross said:
I don't know about pictures. I still bust out in tears when I see some of them. This is a most humbling experience for anyone to go through.

Sorry Ross, that was an attempt at levity.

The pictures (for me anyway) will be the visible reminder when I start to take things for granted again in the future or make more of the minor things then I should.

I feel for you and do wish none of us would ever have to go through this.

mntbiker said:
Sorry Ross, that was an attempt at levity.

The pictures (for me anyway) will be the visible reminder when I start to take things for granted again in the future or make more of the minor things then I should.

I feel for you and do wish none of us would ever have to go through this.

Well as for pictures -- I think it is a GOOD idea. Not for public consumption however :eek:
I had posted something a few days ago about how I look like an overstuffed, undercooked turkey. Look hard and you might even find my gizzard :D
BUT - words cannot describe how horrid I look (maybe a wee bit less horid this morning). SO ...... my "look" right now is the starting benchmark. And I know I am going to make steady gains to become a human again.
AND I keep telling people (maybe threatening?:rolleyes: ) that I am at least halfway serious about someday doing the big tatto of an old schooner with my 10.5 inch incision as the mainmast. They don't take me serious. What they fail to understand is this is one of my ways to coerce myself into doing things - continue to talk about it - LOL

If attitude helps this is going to be easy for you. We look forward to hearing of your successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Philip

These time differences are driving me mad :mad: It's 1 o'clock lunchtime (Wed) here in Ireland and I think Ton is 6 hours ahead of me so that means she's been settled in at the hospital for about 7 hours now !!! which means that she probably won't get to see this....but Ton if you do...I am sending you all the hugs and best wishes I can gather up :) :)

I kind of feel like Ross does, maybe because you joined VR.Com around the same time as me and I have followed your journey along the way. God Bless Ton.....can't wait to hear from you!

Maureen

Latest posts

Back