I'm on the other side! Thanks!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to read how well you're doing! That's great that the root looked good and they were able to clean up the scarring too :)

Eddie,

So you were already "on the other side" before you began. Glad you're doing well. Your positive attitude will speed your recovery too.

Here's to getting stronger every week!

Doug

Eddie, that ticking will diminish over the next 3-6 months as your new valve seats in. It did with my St. Judes, which was Way louder after implantation than my new On-x is.
Soon you'll only hear it in very quiet rooms with hard surfaces (like the little closet where the toilet is!), or with the higher heart rates. Of course, we don't tend to exercise in quiet rooms so after a while you probably won't hear it much.

Hey Laurie,

I noticed you are home testing since 2006. I'm getting ready to call my insurance company to request it after speaking to my cardiologist about it yesterday. He said to call them and request they accept the point of care system because of the cost savings they will realize and because I'm more than capable and qualify for the test.

Did you have any dicussions with youse insurance company and if so, any tips on what to say?

Thx
Eddie

Back