I'm old

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimL

2190 to be exact, or close to it, or probably 2191 with a leap year thrown in. I was planning to write something meaningful, or maybe even memorable, for my sixth anniversary, but life is just too busy, which is great. I haven't had any heart issues since the last time my card and I met for a mutual disadmiration session, and that's great too.
I did get to spend a little time today planning a possible family gathering in Chicago for right after Christmas, which would probably involve an overnight stay in the windy city (or preferably in the suburbs somewhere), so it might be possible to make one of those famous Chicago valvers gatherings as well; we'll see.
I was thinking of writing something about "The Need to Exceed," which seems to be felt by others, not just by me. We do have a forum on (hyper)Active Lifestyle. I've never been much on sports and that kind of activity because of the nasty stitch in my side I had all through growing up from the heart murmur. But now that that's fixed, there seems to be a drive to prove (to myself, over and over again) that that is all fixed. Why do I have to walk at full speed all the time? (Why do so many others walk so very slow?) Is that good or bad?
Maybe next year.

Jim,
I think your walking speed is related to your height!:cool:
For short people, with short legs, (like myself) trying to walk alongside you would involve engaging in a trot!:p
So you would feel as though you were walking slow.
Or you would feel as though you were walking fast.

Have you seen Grand Canyon yet?;)
My well wishes in this thread are similar to its plot.:confused:
Divergent, but meant to be coherent at the end.:p

Happy Valversary!

Jim..Congrats on your 6 years..with new valve..My 6th is coming up in a few months....where did the time go?..:D ......My hubby is 6 ft..moves slowly around the house..but get him into a HomeDepot/Lowe;s and that man really moves fast..:p ..hard to keep up with him.....I have my dog on a long leash..so I have to walk fast with him..:p .....Other times..I like to walk slowly.........Admire those members who can run/bike/ect..after surgery..but I would pay dearly the next day..:( sore muscles).....Congrats again..Bonnie

Congratulations Jim! I was thinking about you and Shirley earlier today and wondering how you were doing. You sound great. You don't have to wait until next anniversary to write us a thought provoking essay. Anytime will do.

Congratulations young man.
I know you are one of the tall people, so it seems like all us shorter ones walk a bit slower. Keep going at full speed as long as you can and enjoying it.
If it gets boring than take a long walk, say to Shelby Township.:D
Rich

Hey Jim,
Congratulations on 6yrs and I know you will have many more. Hey you and Shirley need to come back to Colorado and we can go walking in the mountains again.:)

Hi Dave,
We'll be in Colorado about a week next June, first for a wedding in Denver, and then for a few days at Rocky Mountain National Park. Our kids are planning the trip, and they think there are enough mountains there to last them for three days.

JIM!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

And, yes, indeedy, your trip to Chicagoland could be a Chicago area gathering. Make sure you let us know the dates ASAP!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Walking back into my life" ... Kathy Mattea ... 'Walking Away A Winner'

Latest posts

Back